That's What Friends Are For.... : Forum : What we want from a friend

[reply] [quote]

What we want from a friend

14 Years Ago

Hello, everybody.

I've decided to post a new question every week for you guys to answer. It will help us all get to know each other better

Here is a question for you: What are you looking for in a friendship?

[reply] [quote]

Re: What we want from a friend

14 Years Ago

I look for honest care in a friendship. I need a friend to love me, not just the fact that I love them. I am a very loyal and committed person but I can't spend my life being there for someone who doesn't care enough to be there back. I don't mean to say it in a harsh way. I just think that people need to be friends with people they truly care about and be honest. So if they want to find someone else, they should let you go. Does that make sense? Some say I take friendship too seriously.
[reply] [quote]

Re: What we want from a friend

14 Years Ago

Originally posted by NotYourChinaDoll
I look for honest care in a friendship. I need a friend to love me, not just the fact that I love them. I am a very loyal and committed person but I can't spend my life being there for someone who doesn't care enough to be there back. I don't mean to say it in a harsh way. I just think that people need to be friends with people they truly care about and be honest. So if they want to find someone else, they should let you go. Does that make sense? Some say I take friendship too seriously.

I completely agree! I actually just wrote a poem about it.