The All Nighters Of Writerscafe : Forum : Longhand VS Typing

Longhand VS Typing

14 Years Ago

So I've always been curious how many people do things longhand (on paper). I like to do my poems longhand first, then type them up, but with anything bigger it gets annoying to copy down later. What do you prefer? Why?

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I usually write things longhand first as i find it works better for me, and then i may or may not write them up afterwards. It depends whether or not im going to show anyone i guess

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I usually just type up my poetry (or stories) on Microsoft, and then paste them into Writerscafe.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

i usually type everything (first and finail drafts) but if im going somewhere and its away from the computer ill get a notebook, but my hand sometimes cramps and typing is faster

Re: Longhand VS Typing

13 Years Ago

I use longhand if I'm writing lyrics or something but I with you on the "cant be bothered to type it up afterwards thing" It always makes my hand hurt like hell.

Re: Longhand VS Typing

13 Years Ago

I would say 95% of the time I write the piece out the old-fashioned way.  Something about the pure physical sensation of putting pen to paper.  Needless to say, I am a bit of a pen and pencil freak.    However, many of these groups involve word challenges or picture prompts, so I find myself typing up a speedwrite on the spot.