The Best Group To Get Reviews********************* : Forum : I need an honest opinion , thi..

I need an honest opinion , this is my first try

3 Years Ago

It is understandable if every single person sees their religion as perfection, that every other religion is an unfit idea that is not worthy of discovering. However, that doesn’t justify that you can force your descendents to believe in your religion. I was just a kid, i just wanted to play and discover life when all of my relatives started telling me about Allah, Muhamed, Hell, Satan and other terrifying stories. I still haven’t reached 5 years old and i have already been horrified of going to hell and i couldn’t sleep sometimes at night because i was trying to remember if i did something that could anger « the big man in the seventh sky » as they call him and if i suspect that i did, i just burst in tears… Another thing made me insomniac as a kid, when my relatives convinced my mom to put me in a religious school where i will learn Quran. I still remember every single detail of that day. I just walked through the door when this weird man with a big beard was murmuring in a strange language, the other kids were repeating after him with a straight face, they looked like zombies ; brainwashed. I didn’t understand what kind of sorcery they were performing but all what i could feel is fear, i started yelling and crying on the floor,i couldn’t feel my legs and i barely slept for weeks after the incident. Just like those kids, i was brainwashed to believe in Islam and i was obliged not to ask any question, « Haram!» they said, « Allah will burn you in hell ». And it is very well-known that children are very curious creatures and i found myself confused and forced to copy what adults did. As a birthday gift, it occured to my uncle’s mind to offer me CDs of the historical stories and anecdotes of Islam, i only learned violence and murder from it. They teached me how to do the five prayers when i reached 10 years old and blamed me when i didn’t practice it. I could go on and talk about other relevent stories but i think i made my point clear ; Islam was forced on me like it was forced on my siblings, parents, grandparents… « we turned out just fine ! » they say. But i didn’t… While growing up i was kind of a rebel for some unrelated reasons, i refused to obey to the public opinion, it was arab and muslim for crying out loud , talk about conservative ! When i finally made it to 18 years old, i remembered all the islamic rules that discriminate the women and the LGBTQ community, and i worshipped human rights so that suffied to turn me into a detheist ; im no longer a muslim ! Research after research, it occured to me that Quran has never oppressed women and it didn’t literally said that homosexuality was « Haram » but the people who pretended they explained the Quran said so, i watched countless videos of Imams who said that i twas possible to be queer and muslim. Little by little, i restarted believing in Islam. Now, im a proud muslim and i feel that my faith in Allah has never been stronger. On the other hand, my muslim friends are still brainwashed, they don’t know anything about Islam and they only keep copying what other muslims do and that makes me afraid of the future of my religion. My message to the people who say Islam promotes violence and unequality : « Hate the people, not the religion, those muslims do not represent islam » and it is as simple as that.

Re: I need an honest opinion , this is my first try

3 Years Ago

I really liked this! I feel like most people from a religious background can relate to feeling like they're being brainwashed and surrounded by people who don't really understand the religion they're practicing. It really resonated with me. Beyond simply concept, I also really enjoyed your writing style and the development from when you were a child learning about religion to now. Great job!

Re: I need an honest opinion , this is my first try

3 Years Ago

As simple as that... if only . Your writing is easy on the eyes, and gives hope in spirit. I loved reading it and looking foward to reading more of your stuff