The Broken Hearts Society : Forum : Welcome!

Welcome!

16 Years Ago

Hi there,

Welcome to my new group. I created this group because I know how hard it is to suffer from depression or other emotional illness and not have a support system.  A support system is vital to our recovery and survival.

My name is Jane and I have major depression and generalized anxiety disorder. major depression is like chronic depression only worse. It doesn't go away and the episodes are more severe. 

I've been depressed for as long as I can remember and 2 years ago I suffered a suicidal breakdown.  Writing poetry, therapy and taking my meds have helped me along the road to recovery. But the most important thing is learning to talk about my feelings, it's also the most difficult.  That's where this group comes in. We can't hold our emotions in, if we don't express ourselves they will eat us alive.

I still have very bad days and some not so bad days. Working to heal yourself from depression is about the hardest thing a person can do. It is a disease, it is real, and we are not alone.

I hope you can find comfort within this group. Please share as much or as little as you like.