The Comic Book Corner : Forum : Make a graphic novel

Make a graphic novel

16 Years Ago

I recently came across these guys in creative screenwriting magazine:

I am seriously giving it some consideration, either to turn my full length screenplay into a graphic novel, or else to work on something from scratch. Really just as a way to get some extra exposure. I have had short films made, but never anything longer. So questions,

a) is this a viable move? would it work?
b) does their service seem good value for money. I mean, it's a lot of cash, but the drawing quality looks really excellent.. anyone here want to take a look at some of my outlines?

Let me know what you think, and thanks

S

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

So Simon, did you give it a try? I have a great graphic novel that I want to do.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I have visited the site he mentioned in his post and they will create your graphic novel as long as you pay them to do so.

Better to get the book "The DC Comics Guide to Writing Comics" by Dennis O'Neil

It goes into all of the info regarding the comic writing business, the formats and the terminology. Ya wanna write and get paid for it? Read the book, start writing a lot. I mean every day for a few years and then, once you have fine tuned your writing and developed a style, submit your story. You usually get one chance to impress and then it's done.

Do it right and you're in like flint. Do it wrong and you'll become a lesson in futility and frustration.

Contact me, I would love to discuus it with you and story ideas, etc.

Mike