The Dark Ones : Forum : GROUP RULES: PLEASE READ

GROUP RULES: PLEASE READ

17 Years Ago

Okay, to keep me from having to send out a new letter to all members who join, I want everyone to read the rules and respond to it. I'm serious! Let me know what you think about the new shizlit.

As a member of �The Dark Ones� group, there are some things you need to know. You can consider this a kind of �contract� of sorts. It outlines your responsibilities as being a part of the group. Every member gets a one to two month �trial period� as I�ve started calling it, where I evaluate your membership and participation. It also gives you, the member, a chance to see if you can involve yourself in the group, or if you don�t really have time in your busy schedule for it, which is completely understandable, but, before you leave the group, check out the items below. So, that being said, here�s the important things to note about the group:

First, your number one priority is to reach out to other �dark� writers. By, �dark�, we mean writers who use imagery, symbolism, words, ideas, etc. that are considered darker and more complex than others. This DOES NOT mean you have to ALWAYS write dark. We fully accept brighter, more optimistic poetry. Anyway, invite them to the group, talk with them, etc. Let them know that there�s a whole group of people who can relate to what they write about. In fact, our mission statement is more or less: "Our job is to enlighten and educate fellow writers with the knowledge we have gained throughout our years, and, through that, seek a higher understanding of life, and to undermine the stereotypes of dark and gothic writers. Just because we write about bad people, doesn't mean we are bad people."

Secondly, the group contests are not to be taken lightly, as they are the way I will determine our featured work. There will always be a monthly contest! Always!

Likewise, participation in the group is essential. I understand most people have busy schedules, in fact, I have a busy schedule myself, but writing is an important part of my life, so I�ve come to take some time off for you guys. I mean, come on, I�m not doing this for myself.

Participation involves a number of things. The most important being forum discussions. If you don�t post at least once in a while in our group forum, then how can I even know you pay attention to what�s going on in the group? Likewise, every week we have a �word of the week� and �brain tree� exercise. These are outlined in the forum as well. And, to be a featured writer in the group, you have to at least submit one WOTW. No exceptions. If you need to go inactive for a little while, then let me know for how long, and your position in the group will be sort of �frozen� if you will. I�ll send you an email when your inactive time is running low, so you can renew, leave the group, or become active.

I decide the group features around the fifth of every month.

Also, I send out a newsletter every Monday outlining all of the new information that you need to know. These are a very important way of keeping up with all of the new features in the group. In addition, there are bi-weekly bulletins with announcements from all group members regarding contests, poems, stories, etc. Whatever you want the group to know, send it to me, and it will be in the bulletin. Just, please, let me know why you�re sending me this stuff. Like, put �Bulletins� in the headline or something.

Well, if any of this has turned you off to being in this group, then, please, by all means, leave the group. If you don�t think you want a group like us, then I will understand. I�ll miss you, but I�ll understand. :(

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

very sweet

this group is great and

I'm so glad I've joined

it's all cool
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Roy

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Ahem.... terse but significant... point noted,..,.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

coool, this'll be nifty :D

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

::biggrin:: great! Can't wait! ---Mishel ::tongue::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Sounds like a whole lot of fun!! ::cool:: !! COOL!!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

That makes sense. I'mlooking forward to this.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I love this group...Its amazing the good things that can happen when dark minds get together!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Read and understood. ::tongue::
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Arc

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Just glad to be here and thank you. Frank Zappa once said: For me, reality is absurdity.

Dark minds think alike.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

If you're looking for an idea for the next contest in May I can think of an idea for one -- you should do it for the short story writers to see who can come up with the most visceral horror story. The most disturbing supernatural horror story they could write or the most frightening true story they can think of.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Coolies. read and understood. ::biggrin::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm to curious to leave so I better accept ::biggrin::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'll answer with I shall try the best I can... and if I get the boot I'll just write a dark poem about getting booted and I'll be alright.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Got it.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

ok. i understand. ill try and stay active. ttyl

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Interesting.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

All read and duly noted.