The Egan Experience : Forum : Create A Form (4/23/07)

Create A Form (4/23/07)

16 Years Ago

Create a form and a history. You can post these things along with the example. It should be interesting to see how these turn out.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

well ive got the cellanelle. and the nextelle [c a pattern?] but jens got em right now. anybody else got something they wish to share? ::drool:: AHHH drool.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Mine has to do with the hidden message thing I started earlier. New rules and such added of course, most of them pertaining to the actual message.

I'm really not so into the idea anymore though (not so much the idea, just the execution), which kinda sucks.
:[

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

You all heard this in class, but I figured I'd go ahead and get the first post anyways (I'm just a go-getter like that...whatever)

Snake Bite (a Patronka)*

Snake pokes his head out, wanting to kill
Kill me while gobbling up smoke
Smoke stack hanging from my lip, pointing to heaven
Heaven locks the door, won't let me in
In denial, I'm killed by a snake

In heaven, smoke kill snake

* In the late 1920's, a Chinese poet and avid adventurer by the name of Cho Patrick Hyung was on an expedition in the Serengeti. While on the expedition, Cho was bitten by a highly venemous snake and was rushed to the camp's medical tent. In the days following his near death experience, Cho invented the "Patronka", an embellishment on his previous form of choice, the Tonka. The Patronka has has five lines with each line beginning with the last word of the previous line. The last word of the stanza is the same as the first word of the poem, thus achieving the Patronka's snake-like structure. The Patronka also contains an envoi consisting of one line consisting of one line made up entirely of the end words of the previous stanza.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

patrick!!! i really LURVE your form. really, i wish an old chinese guy came up with this. i say we take it to the street babay! bring it to the masses!