The Howie Fan Club : Forum : Conquering the World of Poetry

[reply] [quote]

Conquering the World of Poetry

16 Years Ago

Having decided that Haikus, Senryus and other poetic arsery is beyond my limited capabilities - I give you 'The HoWiKU'

This is a form of prose that is structured: 8-4-1-1 (the 1-1's are often (but not always) the same word). HoWiKU's rarely offer anything useful to the world but are usually strangely and wildly flowered up by the addition of non-sensical music and artwork in order to take the reader's mind off the fact that it is actually... s**t.

Thank you for listening, please enjoy the fish and take a balloon on the way out.

A Poem Outlining My Initial Thoughts On Algebraic Equations Represented As Fractals Found Within Nature�s Convoluted System of Multi-cellular Compositions and the Interbreeding of Species Derived From Ancient Greek Manuscripts, Part 1
A Poem Outlining My Initial Thoughts On Algebraic Equations Represented As Fractals Found Within Nature�s Convoluted System of Multi-cellular Compositions and the Interbreeding of Species Derived From Ancient Greek Manuscripts, Part 1
A Poem by Howie ( We Are Building A Fighting Force Of Extraordinary Magnitude Mr Loo... )

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There is a zen-like profundity in the fact that you capriciously and contrarily describe this structured form: first, as "prose"; and second, as "rarely offering anything useful to the world."

It may be a mark of your innate brilliance that you cannot help but write well and offer entertainment and enlightenment with your slightest of whims. Or, the self-deprecating manner may be part of your convoluted plan to have readers take you for some innocent, unassuming, struggling writer so as to have us lower our guard...
at which time , I shudder to think of what might follow!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I had something vaguely intelligent to say. Then I became fascinated by that brilliant moving picture. Ten minutes later and I'm just now writing a reply and I've forgotten what I had to say in the first place.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Kali - that's perfect! That's almost a HoWiKU right there - just remember to put that into an 8-4-1-1 format surround it with strange pictures and music and you're there!

I'm going to do a HoWiKU contest - Chantal-lise thought of it the same time I did, lol.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

What the F**k?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hahaha! ::happy::
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I believe we should all promote the HoWiKU whole-heartedly as the answer to World Hunger, Global Destabilizaton, War and Cruelty to Animals, and Stress in the Workplace. This complete distraction from Reality is better than drugs, without the side-effects, though potentially addictive. Someone/Something needs to pick up where Monty Python left off... lest we forget "The Spanish Inquisition!"

grail1.gif image by CyberMoi

Then we can petition Charlie to add HoWiKU to the poetry genre!

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Haha, imagine that - poets across the globe would be doing their nut!  Poetry devised by a non-poet, they'd go mad, in their frilly white shirts and tight black breecs (I'm sorry, that's how I see poets.. perhaps with a feather in a cap too).
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Let's not forget about the HoWikU!

Write one for the contest, for any other contest (making sure you specify that it IS a HoWiKU), or simply for your own edification!

It is a wonderfully versatile form, and attention-getting at its core. Write a HoWiKU before dinner; the World will thank you!!!