The Last Time Machine. : Forum : In The Car

In The Car

16 Years Ago

. (I'm not here)...

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

The slow motion of the wheel turning in my hand, and the night glow of the dashboard lulls me into some enchanted evening. Thank God the radio's got Diana Shore going to at least get me to the river with some beat. Paducah is about a hundred miles back and the star clusters out the side window don't seem to think that's anything. They don't look much different from when I left Chicago last night. I've had a feeling that there is something back out the back window for the last thirty miles. I'd better start checking the mirror. Yeah, there's a light back there, and it's not a porchlight on broken down porch. I think it's shining for me, like Diana might say. Or, at least at me.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

The music is loud waking her up a bit more. Surveys the others in the car, motley crew, and finally puts her heels back on. As she does she wonders out loud,

"...I saw something go past my head and into the mirror..." She looks to Narnie, "I thought you saw it. You reacted like you did...Why is everyone acting like nothing weird is going on?" No one answers her. Then to Paul who is busy with Narnie and his silk underwear, cigar hanging from his mouth, "Where is this damned mansion anyway?"

She's asking too many questions, but is nervous over the fact she's a bit drunk and has trusted herself to a crowd of silent strangers. Shakes head and looks back at Narnie, then at Hipster who has ignored her bid for a conversation earlier, and at the numb looking young man in the turtleneck. This is bound to be an interesting trip. Fabian,the guy that was near her in the bar, should be here...the guitarist.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Mamu, start the engine. I'm as dry as dead dog's donger and I drank all the grog on the way here. We'll give 'em five more minutes. But only because that little Japanese cutiepie hasn't shown up yet. (Blows a big fat smoke ring) And change the music to something a little more roommmmantic. (I'm ridin' on the freeway of luurve in my pink cadillac...)

In the car - Mamu, Narnie, Hipster and friend, Cloe and me, six. Mike's in a seperate car on his way, I think. Please notify me outside if I'm wrong. And notify me out there if you get in the car. Rage on...

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

'OH. MY.GOD. Do people really still play Barry White?'

The music reverberated around the interior of the car and she found it mildly comical that the idiot man thought this would get the women in the mood. She whispered to Hipster and Chloe... do you think we could get him drunk enough so he just passes out and we can raid his fridge for chocolate? , to which they flashed her knowing smiles.

She shook her hair and caught a reflection of something in the rear view mirror. A mild panic crossed her brain - a feeling of being followed - but she quickly dismissed it. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the sensation of being a little bit drunk and a little bit out of her depth.

She had just drifted off into sleep when she was rudely awoken...

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

The door swings open as I jump in, regardless of the passengers inside whose feet I may step on. My mind is so looped, I don't quite care.

"Hello," I say to no one in particular. "Glad to see none of you are wearing tin foil."

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Seven.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

She tries to get out of Hawkins way as he stomps her foot in his rather flamboyant entrance into the car.

"Hi" She smiles as nicely as she can "Wearing tinfoil?" she muses more to herself than to him or the others.

"We'll get them drunk, then cover them in tinfoil while we eat all the chocolate," she chuckles to herself, Narnie and Hipster. "Sounds like a hell of a plan..." Shakes head, but has to smile again, this time genuinely. She likes the crowd. It grows on her as it grows in number and in oddness.

"Glad we're not all wearing tin foil. What a greeting." she whispers.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

zzzzzz mmmppphh zzzzzzz, What! F**k! Where are we? Still in the goddamn carpark! What the f**k are you doing Mamu? Put some music on, this craps awful. ACDC JAILBREAK!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Close behind the car and it looks like we're turning. God, WHAT A HOUSE!!!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Im leaning against the door, head propped on the window, eyes closed. The rhythm of the rain, and the driving knocks me out.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

The sweat is pouring down my face, and my shirt is stuck to my body like a second layer of skin. I lay on my back and wonder how much air is left in this trunk, and if anyone else know's I'm in here. I try to start looking for ways to signal for help, but its to dark to see.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Thank f**k. On the road at last. Gotta love a good road movie. Mamu where the f**k are you going? The other goddamn mansion. That's the one with missus and kids. F**k do have to do everything around here. Hurry up! I'm so thristy I could drink a barrell of cats piss and I'm so f*****g horny (looking aaround into the back seat) (with a huge smile, cigar hanging out of his mouth) its a f*****g wonder this car still has a roof! ACDC "I'm On A Highway To HeLL!"

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

You can continue to add scenes in the car if you want or you can pick up on the front lawn of the mansion or in the entrance hall unless you know another way in?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

As she listened to the piano man talk, she did not see the wasp fly through the open window next to her. A slight movement and the insect stung her on the arm. After an initial yelp, she realised that it did not hurt - it felt only numb.