The Last Time Machine. : Forum : The Upper Hallway

The Upper Hallway

16 Years Ago

From which bedrooms open either side and any other rooms you think might be here. We can go up and down and sideways as far as you like.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

(enters from staircase) Molly! Molly! Rei! Where are you my darlings? If you can hear me invisible imps I need one of you to go look after the guests and one of you for some very special Old Man With The Hat On business. Molly! Rei! Bloody hell. Bloody mirroywobbly bloody effect. Can You Hear Me, Ladies!?

Ahh, Molly, could you pretty please with sugar on top make daddy a happy man and go look after our guests in your own unique way.

Rei, The Old Man percieves some kind of a threat. Apparently the machines not going wobbly by itself. It's some kind of interference at one of the connecticons. Might be here they're not sure yet. Keep an eye out. Have a snoop around. Somethings not bloody right and I'm not going to be the one paying if it all goes arse-up.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rei

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I creep from the shadows. "Sorry but which machine are you referring to?"

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

(entering from staircase with narnie over his shoulder.) (passes rei in the hallway)

What machine?! That's what I'm talking about, it's messing with people's memory cos it's not working right. Am I the only one left who knows whats goin on? The time machine in the basement, Rei is playing up because someone is interfering with it. If we dont find out who and stop them we're gonna end up dead, kaput, disembodied conscii again. Can you figure out who is messing with flow and stop them while i keep the party generating enough energy to keep us moving at least at one second per second? Now I gotta deal with these here potatoes. If you see Molly tell her to go downstairs and keep that party fired up. we need energy and we need it fast.

(exits into a bedroom off the hall, door slams shut behind him. Lock Clicks!)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rei

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

My instincts snap back into action. I give a silent no before dashing downstairs to find the intaferance. My blade in hand I sneek silently into the basement to track the problem and eradicate it.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

As we enter the corridor, a shadow creeps past us, heading down the stairs.

"Help me Chloe, we need mattresses, at least two. Find one and drag it out here, we have to break the fall."

**I concentrate sending a message to Hawklion...."My love, remember our dance? We shall need some space to tango. In the centre, where we shall be seen by the dead"....**

I enter a room, drag the mattress from the bed and out into the hall, where I see Chloe doing the same.

"We have to get them downstairs, to the ballroom, just push it down the stairs, it should slide."

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Enters the Hallway. "Ah Ebby, you have the mattresses. That's good. I see you've got the girls helping you. Where's LP?"

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Chloe is helping, I see no one else.
Stop creeping up on me.

( I walk to him, grab the collar of his shirt, pull him roughly towards me until my face is close to his neck. I stand on tip-toes and whisper in his ear)

I'm fed up of doing your leg work, and you know where he is, stop fooling around. This is getting to you, I knew you weren't ready. If you f**k up and I lose him again.... after last time....
Anyway, why the hurry, we can just pause, if necessary?

( I step back, and then with a change of mood, twist his t-shirt into n****e twists with both hands.)

Ha, You're excited by this, I can tell.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Aww bless you. I ask you one favour, to get some mattresses and you loose your cool. Now, unhand me bint.

Or your husband might die down there.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

He will not be harmed. You forget who taught you.

Do as you please. I will wait here and watch.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Dashes into the TV room and quickly emerges then strides down the stairs.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I wait.
He has showed his skills so far. I should start trusting him more.
I lay down on my back on the floorboards, Tap my petal watch, pull a packet of cigarettes from my bra, which were not there before and remove one which is already lit. I smoke it lazily, waiting.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Walks back upstairs. "Go to your man. Be merry with the chandelier. Just give us a shout when all the mattresses are in place and go together...wherever you want. I shant be going with you."

Pauses

"Oh, dont touch the beast."

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

(She jumps up, salutes. Winks at him and blows a kiss before hop-scotch jumping along the corridor towards the top of the stairs where the two mattresses wait. She pauses and walks back to him)

"Sorry for getting jumpy, I.....Yeah, I trust you."

(She smiles a genuine smile, then kisses him on the cheek and walks back to the mattresses which she slides down the stairs.)

Yells "See you sometime."

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Musters a smile. "Yeah. Maybe if you end up with King Arthur. Go now, be with the one you love. I have a lonely path to tread."

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I work my way to the floor above the chandelier. Then think to myself. "Dont be a plonker Dash."

I take out the beasts claw and stick it between the floorboards. After some widging around the floorboard pops up.

Underneath amidst the fluff and rats is an anchor for the chandelier. I take out my swiss army knife and inspect it...

Ebbys, hawklion, hurry up...

The hairs on my arm stand up. Something upstairs creaks...ooh static electricity.