The New Psalmists : Forum : No Subject

I had only a Bible

16 Years Ago

...I was there, midnight, the soul of the night.

I was where hibernating bears go for winter, the forever-winters. Babies were there, too. Little new-born babies, that do nothing but eat and sleep. I even saw one unborn baby. It was surrounded by warm water and it's mother's love. It was sound asleep.

I saw old people sleeping, too. But, their sleeping was different. Theirs was an ancient sleep, a sweet satisfied slumber. Theirs was the sleep of the dead.

And the best part was I didn't fly. I just slept. I slept until the shadow of the sundial went back around again to the same place, twice.

It was delicious. It had a feel unlike anything else. It felt like warm water running all over my body from head to toe. It had a sound all it's own, too. It sounded like the beating of butterfly wings, myriads and myriads of them, flying far away.

And it had a smell. Oh yes, sleep has a smell. It smells like Nothing. And for me at night, that was a very good smell.

Surely, he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler and from the noiseome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers and under his wings shall thou trust. His truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shall not be afraid for the terror by night.

(Psalms 91:3-5 King James Version)  I Can Fly, but Only at Night

www.lulu.com/content/1325773