The Next Line Is Yours : Forum : A New Story!

A New Story!

10 Years Ago

It was 11:00 at night. The rain came down heavy. I was waiting in an alley outside of a bar. It reeked of garbage, blood, and rat droppings. There was only one light that was illuminating the alley. I reached down into the pockets of my brown trench coat and grabbed a ciggarette and my trusty lighter. I knew I shouldn't of taken this case, but I was the only detective that was avaliable. I lit the ciggarette and clamped the lighter shut. I use to only smoked once a week, now I go through half a pack a day. The only thing going through my mind was the sight of the 10 year old girl that was slaughtered and the only clue that the killer left behind was a black rose. The sight was unbearable. Limbs scattered out across the room, the blood having created a pool around her torso, and the black rose on top of the girls face.

[no subject]

10 Years Ago

I flicked the glowing butt of my smoke into the puddle at my feet, pulling the brim of my panama down closer to my eyes I made my way across the street. 

[no subject]

10 Years Ago

Across the street was the house of the mother. The mother of this little girl, who was so brutally murdered only hours ago, and I had to go inside and tell the poor family.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Joe

[no subject]

10 Years Ago

as i walk up the steps of the porch, the steps creeck with age and i hear them groan with protest.  As i approach the door, i get an eerie feeling, but i know i must carry on and say what need be said.  I knock on the old dried up remnants of a door.

[no subject]

10 Years Ago

At first, nothing. But after a few moments, I heard footsteps coming toward the door. There was a pause, and again, after a few moments, I heard the sound of locks coming undone. Then, the doorknob turned and a petite, fairly young, fairly beautiful red headed woman appeared in front of me. She saw the strange man standing at her door, all professional looking, and it took her only seconds to make the connection. She fell into my arms and began to sob slowly.

[no subject]

10 Years Ago

I felt the womans tears welling up against my coat. I felt the tingling sensation of warmth, while the rest of my body ached with the cold. Slowly, she looked up at me, her eyes puffy and red, and their irises boasting a new form of anguish all by themselves. She gestured for me to enter the house, and as I followed her indoors, I noticed that she had a limp of sorts, the cause still a mystery to me. The house was cramped with all sorts of antique junk, a hint of perfume pervading the air. We entered what I took to be the living room; small but quaint, its four sides bearing periwinkle blue wallpaper. I sat down, and the mother withdrew into the kitchen, where moments later, I heard the chilling whistle of a teapot boiling. I scanned my surroundings. It was warm and pleasant. A stack of shelves stood in one corner, the inhabitants of which I could not make out. In another corner lay a small table with a drawer. Something was hanging out of its side, but the lighting was too dim for me to distinguish anything. Always having been the curious type (it was my job, after all), I was ready to examine the seemingly innocent spectacle, when the woman returned into the room and set a tray down on the table in front of us. Her entire body was shaking, evident not only in her but in the way the teapot and cups rattled vigorously, threatening to fall to the carpeted ground below. She sat down, poured us both some tea, and stared at me. 

[no subject]

10 Years Ago

I had to admit, it was horrible to see a woman suffer as she was then. The tea she poured for me was warm and well fixed; I eyed the woman curiously, reading her gaze the best I could.

[no subject]

10 Years Ago

"Wha-," her voice cracked, and she began sobbing again for a few moments. But then, she spoke again. "I'm sorry. What do you know about her? Are you sure it's..." I interrupted, not wanting the woman to speak her murdered child's name. "Yes, we're sure."