The Paranormal Heart : Forum : So tell me, members of The Par..

So tell me, members of The Paranormal Heart

12 Years Ago

If you currently write paranormal romance, what are your preferred character types?

Vampires?
Werewolves?
Faery?
Shapeshifters?
Witches?
Other?

I like all three but have stuck with vampires the most. However my favorite animal has always been the wolf and have enjoyed writing about Ben, the werewolf in service to a vampire.

Let's get some discussion going folks!

[no subject]

12 Years Ago

The book I've written as well as the one I'm currently working on (a sort of "sequel" but not really) are heavily based on religious mythology. I'm not at all a religious person myself, however my main characters consist of angels, demons, God, and the devil, and at a later date I hope to include death. I use these religious symbols in order to convey an agnostic message, sort of in a Jean-Paul Sartre kind of way. Also present is an extremely strong theme of dualism. God and the devil seem to be the epitamy of dualism. So that's what I use.

[no subject]

12 Years Ago

I favor writing horror-romance stories with the Werewolf and human pairing (and other times pair the lovable, beastly canines with their rivaling vampires ::tongue:: ).

However, the thrill and challenge of writing a romance story between a Werewolf and Vampire most gratifies me since the two obviously are enemies, which delivers many conflicts ^.^

[no subject]

12 Years Ago

hm...I favor them all. The book my Sphinx and I are writting involves, vampires, angels, witches, almost everything. I prefer vampires though. I recelty started with Werewolves, and other creatures, but they are hard to use in a story since describing them seems so hard. I also seem to love using shapeshifters and a few others like pixies and clones(duplex kidnaper 2004) and hm...like the anita blake series, I love poking around for more ideas.

I only use creatures for romance, sometimes horror but it turns into romance, not sure how exactly though.

[no subject]

12 Years Ago

I prefer to write about vampires, just because they're interesting. I've also written a few stories about faeries and werewolves, but my favourite thus far is vampires.

Re: So tell me, members of The Paranormal Heart

8 Years Ago

mostly vamps for me, but usually pairing up with a different race, rarely human. I base my characters in a whole realm of different cultural mythologies and like my creatures to exist in more than one countries mythology eg strigoi= vamps/Romania, rakshasa=vamps/India, penanggal=vamps/malasia. Phooka=irish goblin, Pwca=welsh goblin Trow- scandanavian goblin. Etc.

Re: So tell me, members of The Paranormal Heart

8 Years Ago

I don't really have a favorite.  Currently, I'm working on Big Bad Karma, which features a witch and a werewolf, but I'm planning it as a series with the next two featuring a demon and then a vampire, both characters from Big Bad Karma.

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5