The Spectral Lounge : Forum : Mingling of Ideas

Mingling of Ideas

16 Years Ago

So now everyone can share and mingle their ideas. What say you? ::cool::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Nice!! I really like the name Joce! And pic. What's the http address for this site?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

The group site? I don't know, I just made it. ::biggrin:: I'm so glad all the supernatural writers can be together! I'm so tired of looking up tags! And seriously, Jocelyn is my real name. It sucks. It's something you would name a character from a book, or A Knight's Tale. Joce is suitable though.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I look forward to getting some inspiration from other supernatural/fantasy writers. ::biggrin::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm glad! I was hoping we could all help each other out. Besides, now we kind of have our own place. It's nice. ::cool::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Eh, Jocelyn is a good name for a writer. I like it.
Anyways, I'm glad we have a place too. Good job.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

This is really awesome. It's cool because we can give and recieve contructive reviews from and by authors that write the same gene so they understand what it is we are trying to get across in our work.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I agree. I think this is a wonderful Idea. How many of you are close to publication? Or think you are close to publication? Have you looked into agents or publishers for the "urban fantasy" or "fantasy" genre?

I am currently looking for an agent. I have submitted to the Irene Goodman Agency and am patiently waiting my acceptance. :)

What is everyone else up to?

Chrissie

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm no where close to publication. ::sad:: I really need to get my story out before I can even consider putting it out there for everyone to read. I can tell you one thing about getting an agent, and that it's really tough when you're a first time writer.

Keep your hopes up though! Once you get your stuff out there and people know your name, you won't have a problem.

::biggrin:: Jocelyn Elizabeth

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Well having volunteered at Baen books for the last two years, I actually know quite a bit about the publishing world.

Agents are tough to get, but not impossible. Last year, my novel Murmurs of the Mad, was requested in full to over ten agents. It wasn't picked up because it was too slow, as they all told me. So, I have high hopes for Angenii. It is fast paced and action packed. Or, at least, I hope. *crosses fingers*

I've done all sorts of research in the urban fantasy field so if anyone wants to know a good author to read, who is up and coming, what agents and publishers they want to submit too, I am open for discussion. Writing is my life...well...when the kids aren't home and my honey isn't needing me and when I don't need to go to the day job to pay the bills...then writing is my life. LOL

It will be fun getting to know everyone.

Chrissie