The Working Writer : Forum : Welcome and Introductions

[reply] [quote]

Welcome and Introductions

16 Years Ago

Welcome newcomers!  I've been on Writers Cafe for a while and I've noticed they didn't really have a group for those of us who struggle between work and family, and trying to find the time to write.  So, here we are, our very own group!  I work full time in the Loan Operations Center for a bank, and there are many weeks where I will put in over 40 hours.  I am also a wife of a middle school teacher who is constantly working 50 plus hours a week, and with a very active 4 year old son...life tends to get quite hectic at times, to say the least.  So, welcome, introduce yourself, and use this group as a support system,and to make new friends. 
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hi! I, too am a working wife, working 40 hours. My husband is an artist and along with his freelance career, has a full-time art position. We have three children in elementary school. I'm a Girl Scout leader for my girls and assist my son in Cub Scouts. My husband and I have been married 11 years. When we married, we were both in college, but I decided to put my degree on hold until he finished his double bachelor program. Now the time has come for me to complete my degree. I am attending a local college in pursuit of my communications degree for which I plan on using to obtain a journalist position in print media. I enjoy the cafe as a break from technical writing and where I can revive some of my creativity. I aspire to write a novel at some point and hope to learn from those in the cafe who have successfully completed that task. I've already met many wonderful people through this site and hope to meet many more.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hi! I am a working mother of a 4 yr old hyper little boy!  My husband also works full time and that leaves very little time for pursing writing. I graduated in '02 with a BA in Communications and never got around to getting my "dream job" as a journalist ( I work in a hospital scheduling appointments- not bad, pays the bills, but you know...not exactly an artistic outlet by any means.). Originally in high school I wanted to be a writer so here I am! I am working on a novel and usually have a few short stories or poems lurking in my notebook pages. I am also a photographer! So... I am REALLY happy to have found this group!

Later!