The Working Writer : Forum : Challenges

[reply] [quote]

Challenges

16 Years Ago

What are some of the challenges you face as a working writer?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

One of the challenges I have been facing lately is when I have a brainstorm about some quirky thing my character wants to say or do next and I am in no position to stop what I'm doing to write it down! Usually by the time I come home, make dinner, give my son a bath, fold laundry or whatever I have to do that night... I have NO time left. And if I sit down to write I have either lost my momentum and can't keep my eyes open or get on a roll and can't tear myself away from the computer even when I have to get up early for work the next day! 

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I can relate to that!  I usually try and keep a notepad at work so whenever an idea hits I will quickly jot it down in an outline or note form.  That way, when I do have the time, usually a few minutes here and there, I will try and expand on it.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Usually its when I'm daydreaming my way thru a meeting at work! lol. At any rate I think I'm going to follow your lead and start keeping a small pad of paper in my purse! Writing on a Wendy's napkin with a crayon is getting old!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I honestly believe that the biggest challenge that i have as a writer is reinventing myself.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I have trouble finding time to promote my work and write as well. So the promotion suffers but the writing continues.