The Writer's Id : Forum : Internet Access

[reply] [quote]

Internet Access

16 Years Ago

This is info on a new group started by Carol Maric that I found interesting. If any of my garble about the internet changing the face of creative writing and thus the identity of the writer has interested you, you may find this group interesting (although I'm not sure exactly what it's going to do . . .). I'm sure that several of us had the little invite in our inboxes this morning . . .

[img]http://www.writerscafe.org/uploads/photos/70110400-1179790311.jpg[/img]

Internet Access: The Writer's Tools To Being Read

SEO, RSS, Social BookMarking, Social Networks, Your Own WebSite, Writers' Sites, EMarketing, Search Engines, Directories, Blogging, Literary Journals, Reviews and EZines: Count the many alternatives to being conventionally "published." Remember, you ARE a published author already if you are out here; yes, this IS THE Revolution of The Word and you are living it. Just watch out for the great white noise of the Oceananic Internet--and get and share the tools to rise above.

(Personal note: What effect do you think THE Revolution is having on the quality of writing? Do you think anybody and everybody should be allowed to publish anything? How do we find the good stuff? What makes a good blog writer? How long do we want to stare at a screen and read? etc. etc. . . . )