The fallen : Forum : Dang it.

[reply] [quote]

Dang it.

10 Years Ago

I'm a senior in high school. I'm 17. I have no clue what to do with my life. My parents on the other hand, know exactly what they want me to be.My mom, even though we don't always get along very well, is more open to different stuff, but my dad is very much a "you should be an engineer... Or a pediatrician... Or an <insert random technical/STEM sort of career>..." I get where he's coming from, those areas are really employable... but none of them appeal to me!I'm not good at math, I'm not good at science, and technology hates me.If I had to choose something, I'd probably want to go into publishing, or maybe even directing for films... But I'm actually scared of telling that to my dad, who doesn't really support a more liberal arts kind of education.Yup. So now I'm just ranting. This is totally random.Sorry, but thanks for listening. :P 
[reply] [quote]

Re: Dang it.

10 Years Ago

It wont hurt if you try, and they cant control what you want to be, you need to stand up for you self and tell them what you want to do, and you dads only trying to help , those jobs are good paying one and he wants you to have a good life
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

I went through the same thing, except it was with my mom who was against what I wanted to do with my life (as I want to spend it serving in a Christian organization helping people who are homeless, live in poverty, and have been abused. Or generally just helping council people like that). One of my motto's has always been "I'd rather be doing a LOW-paying job doing something I LOVE than be stuck in a HIGH paying job doing something I HATE."

Whatever you enjoy doing, something that you never grow tired of....what ever you are passionate about....do it. Don't have any regrets of what "could have" been. You will never know unless you try. Hang in there!!
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

You surely need to talk to him..tell him all the reasons you don't want to do those jobs he likes so much..
Open yourself to him but esp. fight!
Maybe you can talk to your mother and ask her to help you..
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you..
HUgs, K.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

Thank you everybody. :)