Therapy Through Poetry : Forum : My Story

My Story

16 Years Ago

OK so I want this group to be a place that you can let out your pain through creative writing. I do this by writing about my experiences by way of poetry and memior-ish stories. I have recently written down some experiences from my childhood that are starting to resurface in my memories (yes I have a lot of repressed memories and my therapist is digging towards them). I will be posting those soon I hope. I'm hoping that they will break the ice in this group because I do want this to be a place of healing, not just a group that does noting for the people in it. If you're in this group then you have obviously read the overview of it and therefore know a little bit about my past, these stories will be graphic, I'm warning you now. Some people can't handle what I've written so I am selective about the people in my life that I let read them. With you, you have to make your own judgement call. I will give a  description of course of what is in them, but ifyou don't think you can handle reading some of this stuff, then don't...it's not for the weak hearted (I even made my therapist cry and she has heard everything.)

I might even get some of it up as early as tonight (11/7)...but don't count on it   :)

Ta Ta for now....

Happy Healing

Jessica<3