Twisted Tales : Forum : Give me YOUR Contest Ideas!

[reply] [quote]

Give me YOUR Contest Ideas!

16 Years Ago

Hola all.

I figure that since our first contest is seeming to come out a bust that it might be better to ask you for Your contest ideas.  I'd love to hear your ideas for twisted contests.  Just post them here on the forums and I'll keep an eye out for them.  Don't forget that the winner of our first contest, Whispers of Winter, will get the winning piece featured here on the group page.  Thanks all, I look forward to your ideas.

Hope Your Well,

James M.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Uhm....for a twisted tale. Have like the most twisted killer contest or something...I'm not sure. Just an idea. :D 
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Perhaps to write about a twist on some of the more common cliches, such as:

Early bird gets the worm
An apple a day keeps the doctor away
Don't let the bed bugs bite
Stop and smell the roses
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Kick the bucket

Just a few off the top of my head. It'd be challenging to take these cliches and twist them into something new and original, and it'd be really entertaining to read ;D

Or if you go to this site, it gives you a list of very over-used, cliched story plotlines, and the challenge could be to provide a twist to them. It takes a bit of thinking, but I think good things could be produced.

Another idea is to take a well-known movie or story --let's say "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" as an example, because it's festive and currently on my tv screen--then create a kind of alternate ending completely different from the original version.

Just a couple of suggestions :/ Let me know what you think.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Originally posted by Audy

Perhaps to write about a twist on some of the more common cliches, such as:

Early bird gets the worm
An apple a day keeps the doctor away
Don't let the bed bugs bite
Stop and smell the roses
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Kick the bucket

Just a few off the top of my head. It'd be challenging to take these cliches and twist them into something new and original, and it'd be really entertaining to read ;D

Or if you go to this site, it gives you a list of very over-used, cliched story plotlines, and the challenge could be to provide a twist to them. It takes a bit of thinking, but I think good things could be produced.

Another idea is to take a well-known movie or story --let's say "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" as an example, because it's festive and currently on my tv screen--then create a kind of alternate ending completely different from the original version.

Just a couple of suggestions :/ Let me know what you think.

That actually sounds like a good idea for a contest. It is a bit challenging! :D
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I just got another idea for the Twisted Tales. What about a twisted fairy tale ? Like Alice in Wonderland with a bit of twist to it or something like that.....
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

How about asking people to write about a saintly character who needs to be evil for a good reason and what happens when he puts the fiendish plot into action ?
[reply] [quote]

Re: Give me YOUR Contest Ideas!

13 Years Ago

My contest: