Unexplained Phenomena : Forum : The music store ghost.

The music store ghost.

3 Years Ago

It was a summer afternoon and I was working as a music teacher at a small music store in the middle of town. With a slow day and no students expected for another thirty minutes, my co-workers and I decided to sit on the steps outside the front door. 

After twenty minutes, Lisa announced "Times up." It was then when Christine opened the front door to go inside, we all heard the distinct solitary blast from a saxophone no more than the nearest music room out of six. 

"You heard that, right?"  
Yes, we agreed. We did. You couldn't miss it. It was loud and clear.

Investigating each of the six rooms inside turned up nothing but the usual music stands, chairs, pianos or drums. 

There were no students or teachers anywhere inside the store when the door was opened. Where did this huge note that we'd never heard before come from? To this day, we still don't know.

Re: The music store ghost.

3 Years Ago

Good Ghost Story. I wonder if the store had any other history of Hauntings?

3 Years Ago

I've often thought about that but I'm unaware of the store's history as of now. 

3 Years Ago

What is the name and location of the store? Maybe I can find something online about it.

3 Years Ago

6317 Amboy Rd. Pleasant Plains in Staten Island, N.Y

It's no longer a Music Store. 

3 Years Ago

I checked on the Interweb. There is a nail spa at the address now. There was a Music store named Grand Staff Music Studio there before. There have been a few well know saxophonists from the area who have passed away in recent years. There was Charlie Kennedy, George Siravo, Frank Carabetta and Clarence Clemons. Do any of them ring a bell? I don't know if one or more may have had a connection to the music store.
The conference house in Tottenville, on Staten Island, is reportedly haunted.

3 Years Ago

Well, Clarence was with Bruce Springsteen so it wouldn't be him. I'm not sure of the other names but it's possible I could have worked with one of them. I don't know of anyone that died when I was working there. But I can tell you this, all three of us heard that sound loud and clear and that place was empty of anyone else!

3 Years Ago

Oh yeah. That WAS the name of the music store at the time. 

3 Years Ago

I've been to the conference house. 

There's also another building reported to be haunted called The Kreisher Mansion which you can easily find on youtube. I'm a friend of the caretaker there. There was a murder which took place there years ago. 

3 Years Ago

I did check out the Kreischer Mansion online. The son of the owner killed himself back in the late 1800s. And a mob hit man killed another man there, in the early 2000s. You are right about it being haunted.  There has been quite a bit of spiritual paranormal activity there in recent years. Is your friend's name Rick?