Verbal Ninjas : Forum : Welcome :)

Welcome :)

17 Years Ago

�Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning.� - Maya Angelou

Just a quote to start the group off. Words are everything to me and I assume most writers who are passionate feel similar.

I'm here not for fluff, but for honesty, be it brutal if necessary. When I write, whether its poetry or a story or just a few short words to express a feeling, I write with the purpose of expressing something and I share for those who might feel the same, whether they can express it or not.

So I guess I'd like to know about everyone's background with writing, your medium of choice (poetry, novels, essays, songs, etc) and why you write... what your ultimate goal is...

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

::confused:: Hi all, hi Kemari, my name is Mishel and I love writing all types of genres--horror for kids, romance, lyrics, cop stories, poems, so far I've touched. I wrote because I was lonely at first and wrote about my inhibitions and wished to be part of a revolving world. Then later, I wrote because I liked to bring life to others through words. Now, I write as an inherent need, and much more that I can't esplain.

::biggrin:: ::cool:: ::tongue:: ---Mishel

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I really have no background in writing. I am not one who has been writing for years. Most of the writing I have done has been college papers. Yeah and those suck a*s. I have always had stories and ideas constantly swirling around in my head, but never took the effort to write anything down until about a year ago. It got to the point that they were nagging me to be written. Some of it is garbage, well most of it is garbage, but I get a sense of satisfaction and relief from releasing it. Unfortunately releasing it has been like opening pandoras box. I have tons and tons of stories and poetry and manuscripts, if you can call them that, sitting on my computer that have never seen the light of day. I have had a few offers to have things published and wrote for the blue doodle in the past as you know, but have never followed through with any of it. None of it ever felt right. I never felt good enough or even ready to go that far. Right now I am just in learning mode. I spend a great deal of time reading others work. I can say that I have learned a lot from Kemari. I learned how to be more bold in my writing and not so much write for everyone else all the time, but to write for myself and not be afraid to let others read what I have to say. Right now for me it is all about having fun with it. ::biggrin::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hey there Verbal Ninjas, my name is...*Angelina*...I have another profile on the Cafe under my real name, which is where I write a little (ok, a lot) less saucy and spicy (it's all about balance!).
I have been writing since I was 6...my parents still have these little nonsensical-lopsided-stapled-together stories I had created at that age....
I have always dreamed of becoming an accomplished writer, perhaps with some great novel produced, or a book of poetry published. But so far, no. Have I tried sending my work in? Umm...not really. So, I guess..no work, no gain, right? Anyways, I feel extremely humbled next to such amazing writers on this site....makes me only want to work harder, to push my limits, but it also makes me realize how many THOUSANDS of amazing writers are out there, and I am just one drop in the bucket. So hopefully, with constructive criticism, I can perhaps one day reach that goal....maybe.
I love to write anything....from articles, to children's stories (I can illustrate them too), to poetry, to essays (I used to get paid for writing my friends' papers in university), and I have been trying (with great emphasis on trying) to write a novel, but it is very hard to stay focused in one direction....I love to pretty much write anything about anything. I have certainly found a strong liking for poetry, and I have discovered that, with my short attention span, poetry is a great release of energy, and a great way to explore new corners of your mind without being weighed down for pages.
Oh, and Kemari is my Twin Ninja, so just watch out. I know, yes, we are all ninjas here.....but just a friendly warning... (~lol)

Look forward to hearing your honest feedback on my work as *Mrs. Smith* and I look forward to reading and helping you with yours!!

Luv,
~Ange.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Mishel Rosario Reyes
::confused:: Hi all, hi Kemari, my name is Mishel and I love writing all types of genres--horror for kids, romance, lyrics, cop stories, poems, so far I've touched. I wrote because I was lonely at first and wrote about my inhibitions and wished to be part of a revolving world. Then later, I wrote because I liked to bring life to others through words. Now, I write as an inherent need, and much more that I can't esplain.

::biggrin:: ::cool:: ::tongue:: ---Mishel

I am the same as far as writing being an inherent need. It's also an awesome therapy, a great way to release things... writing is so much to me. It's a way for me to become a better person, or to be a different person, or to explore... it's a way to change the world in just a few words.

Writing is as important to me as my breath is.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Inside
I really have no background in writing. I am not one who has been writing for years. Most of the writing I have done has been college papers. Yeah and those suck a*s. I have always had stories and ideas constantly swirling around in my head, but never took the effort to write anything down until about a year ago. It got to the point that they were nagging me to be written. Some of it is garbage, well most of it is garbage, but I get a sense of satisfaction and relief from releasing it. Unfortunately releasing it has been like opening pandoras box. I have tons and tons of stories and poetry and manuscripts, if you can call them that, sitting on my computer that have never seen the light of day. I have had a few offers to have things published and wrote for the blue doodle in the past as you know, but have never followed through with any of it. None of it ever felt right. I never felt good enough or even ready to go that far. Right now I am just in learning mode. I spend a great deal of time reading others work. I can say that I have learned a lot from Kemari. I learned how to be more bold in my writing and not so much write for everyone else all the time, but to write for myself and not be afraid to let others read what I have to say. Right now for me it is all about having fun with it. ::biggrin::

I would never have known that you haven't been bitten by the writing bug all your life C. You have always come off as passionate about it in the same way that people who have been writing all their lives do. Regardless though, you're a great writer and you express yourself so well verbally. But I know what you mean about not following through and none of it feeling right.. that's kind of how it's been for me. I am hungry to write but I haven't found that spot yet... as for learning from me, aw shucks. Though I don't know how.. lol I'm still learning myself.

But yay for you being here! And post some of your stuff here!!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hey all, I am a new author, self published, looking for some colleagues to share stories, get critiqued, and network with. I am a little intimidated by the whole cyber world of bulletins, posts, and so on. I am 33 and I think I know less about this stuff than my children. I spent five years toiling away at publishing my book and with my background in marketing I spent a lot of time researching and expirimenting with different options. I am very creative but lack in editorial correctness. So forgive me if I spew double negatives or run on with my sentences.

I am using myspace as my promotional site www.myspace.com/matthewfrederick2007
I know it is plain, I am bribing a 13 year old to help me "trick" it out. Its a good thing I can write!!!

I hope to check out many of your profiles over the next week or so. Thanks again for the opportunity to network!

Oh, an as for my qualifications as a ninja. As a child I had a ninja suit and many real weapons (wow, was my mom crazy). I still have some throwing stars in my desk (of which I would never let my kids play with).

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

*waves*

Hey everyone. Kemari, I know it took me a minute and a half to post on here. I'm slow..we know this...

I'm also a writer..or an aspiring one..or is that hopeful? I started with poetry, went into opinion pieces and with the push of Kemi, I am now dipping my toes in the sea of fiction and I'm liking it. I have a lot of work to do but the reason I joined WC was so I could get constructive criticism instead of "Wow, great piece", "I love it" & of course "This was boring".

I'm also here to meet fellow writers and be amazed by your words.

So check out my work and tell me what you think! ::biggrin::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I have been writing for fun since I was in Junior high... I'm not sayin' it was good. I'm just sayin' I did. Since then I have been to college (for architecture). Then moved several times and lost most of my earlier work (which is probably a good thing).

So, over the past year or so I have been writing from scratch. Mostly creative non-fiction, memoir, and poetry.

In the future I would love to get published, and make enough off of my writing to put my husband and I in the dual-income category, even just barely.

So that's me and my "writer bio".

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hi, I am Aku'skata, I am a 17 year old writer who loves to write dark romance stories. Feel free to view my page and I will be glad to get back to you. You have a good day Hon

Aku'skata