W.U.A.M. (writers united against meyers) : Forum : Hey

[reply] [quote]

Hey

13 Years Ago

Glad to be a member. Although, in the headline I wouldn't knock a thesaurus. It is powerful writers' tool. True you should not be overly dependent on a thesaurus, there are times, just like with a dictionary, when should refer to it as resource. Let's face it, we don't know every word in our heads lol.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Hey

13 Years Ago

it is a good point
tis better to consult a reference than use mediocre words at times.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I 100% agree :)
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

*Agreed.  Just have to make sure you pick the proper words and know the meaning! I use a Thesaurus too, especially when I have writer's block =^-^=
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

True. If you use a thesaurus, it also good to double check with the dictionary and not just pick random words because they sound cool. If I ever feel repetitive, I grab the thesaurus, and if I am unsure or a word's meaning, but it just screams that it would fit where I needed it, I look it up.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Hey just wanted to say I'm LOVING this group!!!! One small problem though, I actually like The Host by Stephanie Meyer...... but that's not to say I don't hate Twilight, hell I'm sick of my own book getting compaired to it in every way shape and form..... What the hell ever happened to Underworld and such like?
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Thank you so much for creating this group!! I go to Hot Topic all of the time and I feel the exact same way when I walk in, with the whole paint ball gun thing lol