WE ARE THE 99% : Forum : JOIN THE PROTEST!!!!!

[reply] [quote]

JOIN THE PROTEST!!!!!

12 Years Ago

STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS AS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN AND REBEL AGAINST THE 1%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[reply] [quote]

Re: JOIN THE PROTEST!!!!!

12 Years Ago

SEND INVITES TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS SO WE CAN GET OUR COUNTRY BACK!!!! BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE!
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

Hmmmm  Morrigan...are there Ideas to protest together  other than on here?...
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

rebelling isn't democracy... as for the 1%, i'd say they do a pretty decent job at governing a population that apparently outnumbers them 100 to 1 which ALSO constantly tries to govern itself and overthrow the government. it's not like people have only suddenly come to dislike how the government works. but power to you, it's not like Canada really has much of a say as to what you guys do, nor does it have much say in the next way you guys decide to bend it over. 
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

i agree, but i also disagree. the economy has gotten so bad that about 45% of Americans are unemployed, including everyone in my family. if the government did not give jobs to people in other countries other than our own, then my family and friends would have jobs, we would not be losing our house, i would not be living off of our poorly grown out of season garden, and my mother would be able to pay for health care instead of wasting away from lupus because the gov is too damn greedy to give a f*** about us. our animals are starving, and we are starving ourselves to provide for them. which is hard when you have a ranch. everybody in town is pretty much living the same way because of our government!  
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

the government is giving jobs to people in other countries? how so? or do you mean people from other countries? and not to say you're wrong, opinions are opinions, but 45% didn't seem right to me, so i'm going to go on the assumption someone was being a fearmonger and you happened to read it, as it happened it sides with how you're feeling so you bought it. i'm leaning towards the idea that that 45% number is comprised of the gross population of the united states, that meaning that it includes the age demographics that can't work, (say 0-14 and 65<) and since babyboomers are now all retiring of course that number is going to sky-rocket, and the government/economy is going to be even more stressed because they'll all be using up their savings/welfare/pension/whatever-broken-to-s**t-system-they-bought-into-earlier. but as far as i can find, the unemployment rate of america is hovering around 9-10% in it's working demographic. and even then, there's people with under the table jobs, and people with multiple jobs, people who can get jobs but stay on welfare, and people who just don't give a damn. so the numbers are all kind of hazy as far as accuracy goes. 
i don't want to sound like a dick who's just speculating, since i admit i don't know your plight, but i'm betting there are jobs out there, albeit they may be scrubbing toilets at the spiciest mexican fast food restaurant in town, but they're jobs, right? right. people aren't entitled to jobs, a job is something you need to go and hunt for, a decent wage is a privilege, and the north american standard of living is not a right, your life's potential, however, is. 
if your country is still standing, however shakily, with 45% of it's people unemployed... christ, Obama must have some kind of superpower. that's like someone who's born 45% paralyzed still making it on its own, however slowly it's dying.
if you're not collecting bottles for money yet then as far as i'm concerned you're more lazy and apathetic than the homeless man rummaging through the city trash cans. there's money out there, i don't care if it's loose change or not, if you're not going after it, don't say someone should find a way to spin money and jobs out of thin air. that's why there's no more money to spin and no more jobs to just give, because people have been asking for those same things for decades.

brain teaser! - just to see what would happen if... : what if there was no big bad scary terrible government to blame this all on, who/what would you blame? what would you do?
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

I personally think this is the start of a new revolution for America. People are starting to wake up and realize this country is being run the wrong way and there doesnt seem to be anyone caring or trying to fix it. We've stood silent for so long that we actually let this happen and are now trying to get back what is rightfully ours. Our freedom. The reason why this country was made and matured by our founding fathers. It's about time WE THE PEOPLE stand up tell the government we've had enough of their shanigans. Too many people are suffering while the government spends our money freely and spend the money to invade another country ever year. Politicians is just another word for lying scumbags and they are disrespecting us. We must put them in their place and tell them they are not doing what they were elected to do.  We need to speak out and stop being silent. It's time for some SERIOUS change. And if no one is going to save us then we must save ourselves.
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

rah rah rah, we want change! change to what? letting people know you're unhappy doesn't do much. i'm actually interested in what specifically is going wrong and even more interested in your ideas as to how it could fixed. i don't live there so i really have no idea how things are shaping up.