WTF What If We All Met.... : Forum : What if we all met in Kansas C..

What if we all met in Kansas City - reunion time!

15 Years Ago

If you get duplicates of this email, just forgive me in advance.   I wanted to send a note out to everyone and get back in touch because we have a lot of exciting things going on this year.   Write The Future has revamped its board of directors, updated its radio show content and will be hosting an event in October 2009 and we want you there!  This is a great way to reunite and/or meet new writers.

The even will be hosted the month of October in Kansas City.  A set date is to be determined.  Fall in Kansas City is picturesque and there is a great writing scene built in already!  We have grouped our efforts with Will Leathem of Prosperos Bookstore (www.prosperosbookstore.com) and will work with Shawn Pavey of the WritersPlace (www.writersplace.org)  to put together networking opportunities, writing salons, radio air time, poetry publications, etc - there is a lot going on and we want you to be part of it!   You are the future and since 2006 several writers have published their own work, won awards, enjoyed acclaimation, launched radio shows, independent organizations and the ball is still rolling - let's celebrate our accomplishments and relish in each other's company again!

The event will more than likely be the usual housing style at a low cost to the resident poets.  The cost of transprotation, entertainment and food will be left at your discretion - however, I can garantee there will be plenty of both that can be sought for free. 
So, start communicating and planning road trips, use those air miles, take an adventure on a train and come meet me in the middle this October.

It will almost be three years since Encino and New York, two since the Ozarks and 1 since a meeting in Indiana with Tina.   It's a new year of HOPE and I certainly hope to see you this October - email me with any questions or comments.  Also, if you have writing you would like to read in a twenty minute air segment and interview for the radio show - let's talk!