Want To Help? Help Me! Proofreading Group. : Forum : I'M STUCK!!!

[reply] [quote]

I'M STUCK!!!

12 Years Ago

A cold chill crept through Cadence�s sweatshirt, sinking into her bones, as she sat upon the stone wall looking out over the early morning quiet that clung stubbornly to the small neighborhood. The sharp scent of snow hung in the desert air and frost clung to cars like sparkling iridescent blankets. The row of houses on the street seemed deserted, their inhabitants still tucked safely into warm beds.

My delema is, I can't seem to get more than one sentance a day on this story and it isn't going anywhere fast. It is starting to frustrate me because I cant get my mind off of it. I am sure that if I am able to finish this one scene, her sitting on the wall, and get her onto the bus, where I introduce the other character, I will be able to move forward faster. Can anyone help me? ::sad::
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

12 Years Ago

A cold chill crept through Cadence�s sweatshirt, sinking into her bones, as she sat upon the stone wall looking out over the early morning quiet that clung stubbornly to the small neighborhood. The sharp scent of snow hung in the desert air and frost clung to cars like sparkling iridescent blankets. The row of houses on the street seemed deserted, their inhabitants still tucked safely into warm beds. She did not expect to see anyone up this early and was shocked to see her father emerge from his house with his (daughter/son) and get in the car. She could hear the ringing of laughter from the two as they joked and talked.

A pit in her heart opened and Cadence was sure she would fall right through it at the scene before her, wondering why that (son/daughter) was better than her. That was where she should be, she thought angrily. When the car had pulled out of the driveway and left, she swung off of the wall, wincing at the pain in her foot as she landed sharply on the ground. She thought for a moment, it wasn't like she had anywhere to go, so she decided to get on the bus. She'd figure out where she was headed later, right now, she didn't care, only she knew she must get away from her father's house and quickly.

She walked to the nearest bus stop, just up the street and waited, her ears straining to hear everything going on around her. She jumped at the slightest noise, a bit aggitated this morning and not really paying attention like she should. She heard the bus coming before it turned the corner and fumbled in her pocket for change. It was warm on the bus, welcoming after the chill of the early morning. She paid her fare and took her seat, thinking she could just sit there and ponder her hostile thoughts. It was not long before....

(Maybe that helps?)

xxoxx