We, the Phans, the Phreaks, the Phangirls, and the Phanboys : Forum : All Right this is IT: THE ULTI..

[reply] [quote]

All Right this is IT: THE ULTIMATE PHANTOM ROLEPLAY!!!

12 Years Ago

Any one up for it?
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
[reply] [quote]

Re: All Right this is IT: THE ULTIMATE PHANTOM ROLEPLAY!!!

12 Years Ago

I'm game! But how will we do it?
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

So....we set story time----do you want it before or after Don Juan Triumphant?   And then----characters! Since we're kinda the only two interested (:() (sad, I know, but not everyone is fanatic-y like us!): We'll each be allowed to take on....let's say four characters each? (srry! you can change the number if you want...you don't HAVE to have four....:D it's just the maxiumum!), where you can be either an established POTO character from the list below or a character of your own invention.   And then make a character profile!!!! (I'll make my original character profile...since I'm using one of my own characters for one of my character slots)   THE ORIGINAL PHANTOM CAST WE CAN CHOOSE FROM: Erik, The Phantom (without him, there's no rp! I'll take him if you don't want to! (and I'd understnad if you don't want to...he's kinda hard to write!)) Christine Daae Raoul de Chagney Madame Giry Meg Giry Carlotta Guidicelli   (I'm not putting the managers and Piangi there, if you don't mind! The rest of the cast will just be non-point-of-view-table characters, if that's ok with you?)   Format: third person or first person? (third person is how they usually do it....)   Romance: Whoever plays Erik or Raoul de Chagney will decide if there is any romance with original Phantom cast, and who is involved in the relationship (I swear I am NOT biased). Your characters may fall in love with one of the original Phantom cast, or your other characters.     Character chart (mine and an example): Name: Katherine de Winter Nickname or name they prefer: Kathy Gender: F Age: 17 Nationality: French Occupation: Ballet girl Physical Appearance: dark brown hair in a braid swept over one shoulder, blue-gray eyes, heart-shaped face, slim and short, pale skin Personality: hot-tempered, outspoken, doesn't believe in nonsense, stubborn and honest, responsible and brave, impatient, passionate, proud, sensible and firm, loyal and unwavering.   (note: we'll add history after we figure out if it's before or after Don Juan! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS WITH ME!!!!!!!)  
_
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

Dibs on Raoul and Erik! We already know their profile and I'm still thinking on two other characters oh and I think it should be the same romance but you know having Erik with Meg teeheehee >:)
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

Then I'll take Christine and Meg!! (if you don't mind...you DO have dibs on Erik and Raoul.....)   And maybe Madame Giry too....   I intend to make Kathy matchmaker-y!!!
_
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

YAY! Ok then, let's see here....ok let me think of characters later. How shall we start?
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

Well....this is before Don Juan. So. Rehearsals for Hannibal? Shall we start with our Dear Monsieur le Fantome?   (We'll switch off. Like you can do an Erik paragraph and then I"ll do a Meg paragraph. You can then do a Raoul paragraph and I'll do a Christine paragraph)    
_
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

Oh! Ok, I get it. So it would be different paragraphs per point of view. :D Very interesting!
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

Yep! So do you want to start?
_
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

YES MA'AM!
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

Now I turn on story-telling mode. I know this might not be what it's like, but bear with me, 'k? Also, I didn't want Erik to be TOO old, since that would make it a bit weird with Meg....This is more of a summary than a background check. Sorry!!!! And we start at the part where Andre and Firmin (new managers!) come in.            The year is 1869. Madame Giry arrives at the Paris Opera House with her 6-year-old daughter, Meg Giry, and 8-year-old Christine Daae, Gustave Daae's orphaned child. They are settled in, with Madame Giry working as the ballet mistress and Meg and Christine growing up as ballet girls. But there is a secret that Madame Giry managed to keep from Monsieur Lefebvre, the current manager of the Opera House, as well as from Meg and Christine.  Ever since Madame Giry and her children arrived at the Opera Populaire, there have been strange occurences in the building. Sets were dropped from the ceiling, notes were sent, things were stolen. A rumor spread that there was a ghost haunting the opera house. Little did everyone know, that it was Madame Giry who had brought the ghost, and little did they know, that the ghost was actually a boy. A haunting, lonely boy with a tortured soul and a hideous appearance, lurking in the house by the lake five floors beneath the opera house. A boy named Erik, a passionate, musical genius hidden from the rest of the world. And as the years wore on, the boy grew into a man. The Phantom of the Opera, he was called. The ballet girls, including Christine and Meg, were frightened and curious. Meg more curious, and Christine more frightened. Little did they know that the Phantom had been watching them both, and that he had fell in love with Christine!  When Christine's sixteenth birthday arrived, she hears a voice. A sweet, gentle voice that lulls her to sleep and inspires her song. The Angel of Music. She listens to his teachings and slowly, her voice begans to improve. Meg wonders where her friend is getting these mysterious lessons. She suspects that the voice might be The Phantom himself, but she doesn't say anything. Four years later, two new managers arrive at the Opera House, taking over Monsieur Lefebvre's office. With them came a man, le Vicomte de Chagny, who has an obvious interest toward Christine. Meg is worried that the Phantom's heart will be broken............    
_
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

Erik had was scribbling away madly of more music that he dreamed of hearing sweet Christine’s voice singing but instead understood that Carlotta Guidicelli’s rather horrendous voice would be straining every crescendo, exaggerating every half note, or she wouldn’t articulate enough making everything sound like gibberish. The Phantom sighed; he didn’t know what more he could do to encourage Christine to sing. He put his feathered pen down and then took another sheet of linen paper out. He then dipped his feathered pen in the black ink once again and wrote a letter, he asked for Carlotta to work on her areas of need: articulation, sharpness, and flow. After the letter was finished he had folded it delicately and then put them into an envelope putting a hot red wax over the enclosement stamping the mold into the shape a skull. He had the musical notes ready and so were the letters as he walked up away from his lair. Everyone was asleep or had left the Opera House, so he was able to sneak in as he walked upon the gaits above the stage floor. He let the tied up musical notes fall from his hand to the orchestra stand as he also dropped the letter as it landed perfectly on top of it. Satisfied, Erik had left the bearings before anyone could catch sight of him.
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

"Christine!" Meg Giry gasped, leaping out of bed, "We're going to be late!" Her brunette friend stared back at her for a moment in confusion. And then Christine's eyes widened as she understood. At this point, Meg was already at the dresser, tightening her own corset and slipping her costume over her head. Today was dress rehearsals for Hannibal, and Madame Giry made it extremely clear that no one was to be late. Meg got her shackles, a part of her costume, from beneath her bed. By this time, Christine had already slipped into her slave girl costume, and had her shackles wrapped securely around her wrist. Meg checked the clock. "Come on! We may still make warm-ups if we hurry!" she called to Christine and they ran down stairs. Madame Giry was waiting at the bottom of the steps for them, tapping one foot impatiently. She didn't say anything, however, as Meg and Christine joined the other members of the Corps de Ballet at the bars and began warming up. The girls exchanged a glance and a smile of relief. Meg flexed her lithe limbs, stretching her leg over the bar. She smiled. Now the day truly begins.
_
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Carlotta walked on pride fully pushing anyone who got in her way. “Ello! Ello! Where ees my headderess?” Carlotta asked in her heavy French accent. “Ah, Carlotta! Please may we get into our positions?” Monsieur Andre requested gently hoping not to provoke Carlotta. “Eh, eh! How cen I do dat weethout my headderess!” Carlotta snapped as she continued to push everyone out of her way. “Where ees my headderess!” Carlotta continued to snap. “What a diva,” Meg joked as she and Christine watched as Carlotta continued to boss around the entire cast to find her lost garment piece. “Please, Mademoiselle, may we start from the beginning of your piece?” the thin tired conductor asked from his spot. Carlotta grimaced and then stomped her foot. “Fine! But eef I don’t get my headderess, by tonight, these star goes, bye-bye!” Carlotta warned. “Yes, yes,” the conductor said as he tapped his baton against his stand and then cued the music.   
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Christine was uneasy. Even as she flung her shackles over her head, prancing behind the other line of ballerinas, she felt strange. Something odd was out of place. It was almost as if someone was staring at her—burning a hole through her head. Yet when she turned around, she found no one. She paid the price of inattention, however, when she almost tripped. Christine caught herself in time and returned to dancing. She was almost thankful when the song ended on a triumphant note, Carlotta’s screeching louder than all the rest of the chorus. “Alors! Alors! Alors!” the Prima Donna cried, waving her chubby finger in the air, exaggerating every word, “All-a day-a! All-a they-a want-a is the dancing-a!” “Well, the Vicomte is particularly excited about tonight’s opera,” Monsieur Lefevre smiled, satisfied, as he talked to his new managers. “I hope-a,” Carlotta screeched, “That-a he is as-a excited-a about-a dancing-a girls as your new-a managers!” She waved expressively with her hands, “Because-a I-a will not-a be-a singing!” Christine’s eyes widened with horror. Now’s not the time for one of Carlotta’s diva fits!
_
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

“Carlotta! Mademoiselle! Darling, you must stay,” begged Monsieur Andre hoping to keep Carlotta calm. “Senora!” “Bella!” “Goddess of Song!” “What about the rather marvelous song in act 3,” Andre suggested but was interrupted by Carlotta once again. “Yes, yes. MAS NO! Because I won’t be seengeeng that part because my costume isn’t finished and I hate my hat!” Carlotta fumed. “But I wonder senora as a personal favor- ” Started Monsieur Richard until Carlotta went to her off mood swings breaking into a cry and then stopped into sudden laughter: “Eef my managers commands,” Carlotta said at last. Monsieur Richard sighing a sigh of relief. “Monsieur Lefevre,” Carlotta said. “If my diva commonds,” he said. “Yes I do,” Carlotta snapped as she headed off to sing her solo of Hannibal of Act 3. Carlotta sprayed her spraying her throat with what would supposedly help her. The music started as she soon started to take her place for her cue in the song. Everyone circled round to listen to Carlotta everyone cringing at her exaggerating notes until all of sudden the curtain had promptly had fallen upon the star diva luckily shutting up the diva.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

(OOC: Right. This is gonna be a bit long because I want to get to Christine's audition!)   Kathy gasped as her fellow ballet girl, Meg Giry, shrieked and leapt back. Her eyes swept over every single detail of the catwalk until she found a pair of glowing topaz eyes and a gleam of white in the dark. The owner of the eyes stared back at her for a second. And then almost like a candle in the wind, the topaz eyes were gone. She was almost sure she had seen the swish of a cloak, but when she looked again, it was gone as well. "He's here!" Meg cried in a hushed whisper, "The Phantom of the Opera!" Kathy rolled her eyes. She wasn't one for superstition, and this "phantom of the opera" that everyone's been talking about seems just that. "For God's sake, Buquet, what is going on up there?" Monsieur Andre called up. The rat-like, scottish man sauntered into view, and Kathy wrinkled her nose, disgusted. Buquet was drunk again (big surprise), during his hours on post. "As God is my judge, Monsieur," he said, "I wasn't at my post! Please Monsieur, there's no one there! Or," his eyes sparkled mischievously, "If there is, it must be a ghost." Kathy fought the urge to roll her eyes again.  "Please, Signora," Monsieur Andre patted Carlotta's arm, "These things to happen." "These things do 'appen?" Carlotta was outraged, "For the-a past three years-a these things to 'appen. And did you stop them from 'appening? NO!" she screamed and Monsieur Lefevre and then turned back to Monsieurs Andre and Firmin. "And you two, you're as bad as him!" She scrunched up her face and imitated poor Monsieur Andre, "'These things do happen' Maaa! Grr! Until you stop-a these-a things from 'appening, THIS thing does not 'appen!" She pointed at herself violently before jerking away. Kathy smirked. "Is it just me, or does she not seem to exaggerate every word she says when she's screaming at someone?" she said to a ballet girl near her. They snickered, causing a glare from Madame Giry. "Surely there must be some sort of...understudy? For Carlotta?" "There is no understudy La Carlotta!" Monsieur Reyer objected. "A full house, Andre," Firmin seemed distressed, "We shall have to refund a full house--" "Christine Daae could sing it, sir," Meg Giry interrupted from her place beside Madame Giry and Christine. Kathy's mouth fell open. Christine Daae could sing?
_
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

“She has been taking lessons from a great teacher,” Madame Giry said as a matter of factly. “Who?” Monsieur Andre asked. “I don’t know his name, Monsieur,” Christine admitted sheepishly. Madame Giry only had confidence and walked over to Christine’s side. “Let her sing for you Monsieur,” Madame Giry approved. Monsieur Andre gave up and so gave Christine a signal to head forward to audition. “Come along, don’t be shy,” he said. “From the beginning of the area then, please Mademoiselle,” Monsieur Lefevre instructed taking his conductor baton ready to cue his orchestra. “Andre this is doing nothing for my nerves,” Monsieur Richard said but was silenced as Christine began to sing: “Think of me. Think of fondly when we’ve said goodbye,” Everyone circled round approaching back on stage hearing the sweet delicate voice of Christine in surprise and shock. Meg smiled as all the other ballet girls including Kathy stared in shock and awe. Christine continued: “Think of me once in a while promise me you’ll try,” Christine continued looking at Madame Giry for reassurance  as she gestured for her to move forward and continue: “The you’ll find that once again you long to take your heart back and be free. If you'll ever find a moment, Spare a thought for me.” (i'll get to the new character later you'll see)
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Antoinette Giry watched with a satisfied smile as Monsieur Andre's jaw dropped and Monsieur Firmin, being the business-like man he was, shook Christine's hand and told her that she had gotten herself the part. Antoinette watched as Christine was whisked away by the costume department, Meg following closely behind, congratulating her friend. But Antoinette's smile faded when she saw a certain dark-haired ballet girl disappear behind the curtains. It was Kathy de Winter no doubt. She marveled at the girl's courage. Kathy wasn't one to take nonsense, and Antoinette was sure that it would get her killed, sooner or later. Sooner rather than later, if she doesn't stop being so inquisitive, Antoinette thought, staring at Kathy as the brunette, not knowing someone was watching her, walked across the catwalk, searching for the spectre that she had seen but a few moments ago.
_
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Leandro……. Gender: M……Age 18……Nationality: French/Irish…..Occupation: Thief/ Bandit but becomes one of the stage managers for the shows…..Physical Appearance: reddish/brown hair long (not like Raoul’s!! shorter just long enough to cover his eyes occasionally, always messy and uncombed, light hazel brown eyes, wolfish expression, tall and broad, pale like a vampire (but not sparkly!!)……. Personality: very mischievous and slick, patient but short-tempered sometimes ironically, willing to make sacrifices for needs, courageous, fun and a prankster, hates to speak just listen, cannot stand ignorance, alert and likes to spend his nights wandering the opera house acquainting the Phantom seeing him as he offers Leandro smiles and glances knowing Leandro wasn’t one to boast or solicit private sightings. Even though Leandro sees the Phantom, Leandro doesn’t admit these meetings knowing he wouldn’t have the trust from the Phantom anymore………………………………………………“Madame Giry! Madame Giry!” Monsieur Richard and Monsieur Andre called as Madame Giry decided to go on with the rehearsals. “Yes, Monsieurs, how may I be of assistance?” Madame Giry asked seeing their hopeful faces. “Ah, yes Madame Giry, after seeing how beautifully you’ve been able to raise Mademoiselle Christine, would you be willing to take in another, you know, child?” Monsieur Andre asked with a sheepish smile. “What do you mean?” Madame Giry asked raising an eyebrow. “Men, take bring him in,” Monsieur Andre said as looking toward the curtains. At once some of the men still in the costumes from Hannibal brought in a trashing about boy.  The boy was kicking as his arms were locked in bigger arms from the men. The boy wore a trousers and a linen shirt with a vest and a gray cap that covered his reddish brown hair. “Who do we have here?” Madame Giry asked looking at the boy unimpressed with his manners. “Uhm, we sort of found him trying to steal some artifacts and costumes to sell,” Monsieur Richard explained cringing.  Madame Giry lowered her brow but remained in her composure. “What is your name, child?” Madame Giry asked. The boy immediately stopped his kicking and then looked at the older woman. She seemed refined and very regal; Leandro knew at once she was worth respect. He immediately stopped kicking and pulled his arm away from the grasp of the other men.  “Leandro, mademoiselle,” Leandro responded.

First Page first
Previous Page prev