Weird Warriors : Forum : I need a title!

[reply] [quote]

I need a title!

13 Years Ago

Ok weird warriors here's your challenge! I've been writing this book for about nine months now and I still have NO TITLE! Nothing I come up with seems to fit. So here's the deal: I'm going to post a synopsis (spoilers abound, if you're actually invested in reading it) and you guys, being the awesome, creative people you are, can give me title ideas! Ok? Ok! Here it goes!       In the middle of World War Two, four extremely different teen boys arrive at a British boarding school to attend the final semester before graduation. Herschel is a Polish Jew, an aspiring writer and ghetto escapee haunted by a tragic past. Erich is German, an agressive ex-Nazi Youth who was forced to leave the country to escape a crime and initally despises his new roommates. Jim is a wreckless but intelligent American with no goals and no purpose who left his sheltered life in search of adventure.  And Gabe is an British-born Italian, a passionate violinist, and knowingly but not openly homosexual, having left Italy after being betrayed by his first lover.    Due to their late enrollement, they are all placed in the same makeshift dorm: a boiler room with two sets of bunks. Each boy fails to understand the circumstances of the others until they find themselves united against an enemy dorm. Eventually, they form a strong friendship as they each let the others understand where they come from.    Then, as the year goes on, the boys begin to break into ever closer, particular pairs. Herschel and Jim become partners in crime, so to speak, as they attempt to take the school by storm. Their friendship is tested, however, when Jim falls for Herschel's sister, Rebecca, who came to England with Hesch and (unbeknownst to her brother) works as a call girl at a London nightclub. As she let's Jim in on her brother's secrets, Jim distains how much Hersch has been hiding, and the grudge makes him all the more eager to start up an affair with Rebecca.    Meanwhile, Gabe and Erich lose a bet which results in their work as fire wardens, causing them to spend a good deal of time together. As they become closer, each learning the other's tragic story, Gabe begins to suspect that Erich may also be gay, and Erich begins to feel something for Gabe that he has never felt before. Neither one knows how to fight the sexual tension between them, but they both know the consquences of giving into their feelings. When Gabe acts on his assumption, Erich is too conflicted to know how to respond.    All this is told in  the first person narrative of each of the boys (though Hersch's is represented in journal entries). Weaving through the direct storyline is a third person narrative of the boys' reuniting in a Polish ghetto two years after the events at school. Hersch is doing everything he can to avoid becoming involved in the rebellion again, Erich has returned to his calling as a soldier for the German forces, and Jim and Gabe have snuck in, trying to find their lost friends. Though they boys need each other more than ever, old grudges, affections and conflicts are rekindled when all four become involved in the uprising.      So that's it. That's loads of info and if you want a taste of what this looks like, head on over to my page. It's currently titled "Passover" but I'm scrapping that title since I can't fit the actual refernce anywhere in the story as well as I thought I could. Anyway, think think think! I need a title! :-)
[reply] [quote]

Re: I need a title!

12 Years Ago

"Tension Arises"?  "Rebellion"?   I do not know if you still need a title, but that is all I have as of right now.  I'll think up some more if you still need them.  ^-^