Writer's Cafe Chill,Write,And Talk : Forum : New to the group

New to the group

11 Years Ago

Greetings fellow writers! Just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself to everyone. The name is Lori Carlson and I have been writing poetry since I was 10 years old. Wish I still had some of those poems from my childhood, but alas I burnt them all when I was 16. I am married, owned by 2 cats (Impy and Izzy) and 2 dogs (Boo Bear and Max), and currently living in Oklahoma.

I was born and raised in Virginia and attended college and graduate school at Hollins College (now Hollins University) from 1993-1999. I did part of my under graduate work at a local community college called Dabney S. Lancaster CC. My majors were Arts and Liberal Sciences AA from DSLCC, English BA from Hollins and a Masters in Arts and Liberal Sciences from Hollins.

I am the middle child of three and yes, all of the stereotypical stories about middle children are true.. and it sucks sometimes. I've always been interested in books, reading, writing and in art. I own well over 1,000 books currently, with the biggest majority of the collection involving 1960s-1970s Gothic Suspense/Romance novels. I am also interested in World Religions and own a lot of books on a variety of Religions.

Well, that is some about me. If anyone is interested in knowing more, you can read my profile or ask me questions. So blessed to be in the group and I look forward to reading your works and discussing interests on the forum. Love and Blessings!

Re: New to the group

11 Years Ago

A pleasure to meet you, and welcome to the group. I'm new also not only to the group but to writing in general so input from those with a stronger writing background than mine would be invaluable. I Look forward to reading your work.

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the reply, Chris. It must be exciting to be new to writing. I've been doing it so long now that it has lost some of its luster. I look forward to reading your work and hope that you will post here at the group. 

11 Years Ago

Glad you joined! :D Hope you have fun!