Writers Are Us : Forum : Patience is a virtue not to be..

[reply] [quote]

Patience is a virtue not to be lost and under-rated

14 Years Ago

As he continues to learn more about promotions and getting recognized, one must remember the process of getting recognition does not happen in a vacuum.

Small moves can lead to big things happening. I have to remember that.

You can spend hours on your laptop looking for ways to promote your book (there are so many offers out there). But do not forget your friends and family. Spend that time you need with them to recharge yourself. Take a walk in your town or city and appreciate what's been waiting for you all this time.

I had a great weekend last week. I attended two art festivals and sold 11 books, not to mention meeting a lot of people who were genuinely interested in my book and me (17 years of sales experience taught me to recognize when someone means business).

But the rest of the week has been ssslllooowww (slow). Oh well, we must remember humility.

But do not give up! As I mentioned, success does not come in a vacuum. It takes time, needs to be nurtured, network, make friends. You get the picture.

The sharing of ideas is very helpful. Another writer I met on Facebook has shared some links to joining groups that can get me recognition. I even entered my book for a book award 2009. (We'll see).

Today was good for me. I actually didn't get on my computer until after 4 PM. But tomorrow is another day. I think I'm going to be okay.