Writers Are Us : Forum : Book Extravaganzas

[reply] [quote]

Book Extravaganzas

14 Years Ago

As I continue promoting my book I am learning new ways to get my work out there. I see a lot of authors using all sorts of promotional tactics. There's Facebook, Twitter, Upcoming.org, Eventful.com, you name it.

As a new, first-time published author I realize my name alone isn't enought to draw huge crowds that will deliver strong sales, but groups of authors certainly do. I've been to one local event where a large number of us presented our work and the results were stupendous.

People flocked to all of us at every table asking all sorts of questions about what we did to get published. The sales were pretty good too. My lesson learned here is to join large literary events where my book can be displayed. Such events are usually promoted by a large organization that will generate a ton of excitement for the community. You will meet readers of all genres there looking for all types of books.

Visit your local library for a list of events they will be holding throughout the year where authors can display their books. Post the event on your site and send out invites to everyone on Facebook.com, Twitter.com, you name it. This is free advertisement and the people will already be there.

My next group event is the NCAP 5th Annual Book Extravaganza at the Escondido Public Library. The promotional tools that are helping get the word out is amazing. I'm sure in your area you can benefit the same.

Good luck and in the words of Matt Schott, 'Keep on Writing'

David