Writers Seeking Illustrators : Forum : I need an illustrater that can..

I need an illustrater.

11 Years Ago

Hi if your reading this I am David. I love writing, comic books, and graphic novels,but I got one little problem. I can't illustrate anything past stick figures, and funny faces. I'm currently writing a short story series. It's called Glorified Killer, or Hero? Here's the first story for example. 
From the mist of pain, and misery rises a hero ready to defend his city. He dips his blades in garlic, and asks himself. "Am I really going to be a hero, or a glorified killer?" "Do I really need to do something this dangerous, unreasonable, and this crazy!?" He walked to the outskirts of town because he knew if he didn't no else would attempt it. He was there all alone. He swallowed his fear as he heard hisses from all around. He drew his blades as he looked around trying to see them. One jumped out from the shadows, and showed his fangs. The vampire tried to bite him, but he dodged. He sliced the vampire's through while the vampire was in shock. The others jumped out, and hissed angered. They clawed in unison, but he jumped and stabbed two vampire's head as he landed. The last vampire pounced on him, and clawed his face. As the vampire went for another claw our hero put his blade up slicing the vampire's wrist. Six others jumped out from the shadows, but the night broke into dawn melting the vampires. Our hero ran back to the city bloody, and scared. Interested? Tell me if you are cause I want to make it into a comic book series. If your not interested, tell me your thoughts, and tell me if you would like to see the comic book. Thanx, and have a good day!

Re: I need an illustrater that can do good with dark, and bloody comic book/graphic novel feel

11 Years Ago

Mmmm, I love horror! Your story has some fun potential. I would recommend sharpening it up a bit. Refine it. Have someone proof read it for you. But at as far as subject matter goes, vampires never get old. (no pun intended). One question, do you have the funds to pay an artist up front? Or are you wanting them to illustrate this on good faith? I personally work only in thirds: one third on contract/one third upon sketch approval/one third upon final work approval. But there  are budding illustrators that are willing to work on the honor system. In other words, if your comic succeeds and you get paid then they get paid. Good luck to you!

Re: I need an illustrater that can do good with dark, and bloody comic book/graphic novel feel

11 Years Ago

I thought it through, and decided I didn't need it to be a comic book after all. I'm just going to build them all up, and put them in order. Then put it in novel form. Have a comic book looking cover. I was thinking I could have it as a graphic novel, but I can't pay. Why I thought about it. I'm only 12 so I can't really pay..... Once again didn't think clearly. I do know that I will turn it into a novel after enough parts have been written. I do appreciate the response. I may contact you for the book cover. Thanx, and have a boss day

11 Years Ago

Sounds like a good plan!

11 Years Ago

Hey, i don't know if you still check this, but there's going to be a contest pretty soon that's going to give the writer with the best comic book text one comic book issue paid for. I thought i'd hook you up with the host GDmonster. I'm also going to enter so we may get to work together if you guys decied on something.