Writing Mentors : Forum : hello

[reply] [quote]

hello

13 Years Ago

Hello, 
I am twenty - five.....
I write mostly historical fiction. I also have done some fantasy writing and poetry. 
I love history and cultures. My major in college was intercultural studies. I did my internship for college in Portugal.
Right now I am the process of writing a book called Redeemed by another.

Prologue "Elvira, where are you?" a voice yelled from far away. "I’m with the irises," she shouted as she ran in the direction of the voice, "I’m coming, mother." "You better not have been in them again, menina." Her mother said still a long ways off. "Nye, mother, I was just weeding them." "Child, that’s the gardener's job. You better not be dirty." Elvira stopped just out of sight of her mother and looked down at her dress. It’s not as bad as last time. She then quickly brushed off as much dirt and mud from her dress, and wiped off her face with her hand. Leaving her face in worse condition than before. There, all better. She turned the corner and walked into the courtyard, "Mother, I’m here..." She was stopped short by the sight of a dozen people staring at her. "Elvira, look, you’re a mess." "This lovely little lady is my youngest. She has a fascination with irises." Her father introduced her to his guests. "Irises are a wonderful creation that can hardly match as beautiful of a lady." One of the young men said as he bowed to her as though she was a princess. "Thank you, sir, irises are my favorite flowers, but my father told me that I have not yet bloomed." Elvira said as she curtsied. "It is hard to imagine you more beautiful then you already are." "Thank you, sir, you’re so kind." "Come on, child. I’ll take you inside to clean you up." One of the maids whispered as she led Elvira away from the group. Elvira’s father ask as she was guided away by her maid, "Now, Lord Andrew, how about you tell us about Lancaster" -------------------- menina = girl in Portuguese
----------------------- 

Longing for Him
Beyond the moon her love floats in heaven;
Still longing to see stars in His sight. 
Longing to hear from Him in the haven;
Safe so she may see his handsome light. 

Maybe she waits to see the near planets, 
Or maybe the far away galaxies.
Still longs to see Him in the endless next;
Forever waiting to see his eyes.

With homesickness she stays waiting for Him.
His voice would satisfy her yearning.  
Many years pass and still she waits for Him.
Still waiting for devotion so loving.

To Save a Future Queen
Her lonely eyes watched the scene unfold before her. Shouts and screams ran across the valley. She watched, powerless, the skirmish below. Two armies were fighting and a third likely hidden nearby. The army waited impatiently for the results to this battle.   The first, the army of the man her father chose. The second, army of the man her father rejected. The third, her father was waiting to retrieve her if her betrothed failed to achieve victory over her captor.   Surely, her father was angry as the result of her betrothed lack of ability to prevent her abduction, and the rejection of his offer for aid. Her betrothed must have rejected the offer. It would be the only explanation of his absence. The betrothal's pride was too great to let her father help in recovering her. His army was second in the region, to only her father's forces.   "Is this what is was like for Helen of Troy?" She told herself she watched for the distance. She was caught between two men who wanted her as their prize, but only one could have her.   Hours passed, the battle left miles of destruction as her betrothed ascended to the main gate of the castle as he followed his retreating enemy. He gained entrance quickly with his advanced siege weapons. This is when she first spots her father's army. There on the balcony, she waited for them. Suddenly the enemy forces seemed to disappear in the cracks of the mason work.   A few minutes later her betrothed appeared behind her. "My dear, I have come for you." He rushed to her only to be meet her cold stare. He stopped; puzzled by her lack of reaction of his arrival. Then he noticed her glance behind him only to realize that he had been fooled. He quickly found himself surrounded by his enemy. Soon after he was completely over-come by the carefully laid trap.   "You should have listened." was the last words he heard.