Writing Mentors : Forum : 16 - wanna be junior, looking ..

[reply] [quote]

16 - wanna be junior, looking for mentor!

12 Years Ago

My name is Sabyth, looking for a mentor for the moment... someone in the older category... 17-23 maybe? Preferably male...I really just don't like women... but if I have to I'll take a woman ^^;; I love to write and draw, I'm very into Fantasy and Fiction, erotica, short stories, and just really weird stuff.

Sample of my work:
He fell onto his side and saw a vertical horizon. It glittered empty blue sky and empty yellow sand. The vertical horizon split Dexter in half.

He rolled over onto his stomach and turned his head to the other twisted horizon line. Split again.

A power line hung over him. Three voices called to him, old black-coated women dropping feathers from the power line. They mocked him, shadows against the sky. "Caw," they called. "Caw."

He ignored them.

He rolled his head so that his chin lay in the hot sand. It felt cool and wet. His eyes followed the length of road for miles, for days. The speck was still there. It wobbled in the heat. Color now came to it; peach and light yellow and pink. Another human? It wriggled in the distance. It was coming for Dexter.

He gagged in the heat, but nothing came out.

"Caw."

- Excerpt from Imagination Burning

Would love to have someone to bounce ideas off of, help me write when I don't feel like doing anything, someone I can talk to often, someone who loves to learn and teach.

P.S. Anyone learning another language would be amazing for me <3 especially French.
[reply] [quote]

Re: 16 - wanna be junior, looking for mentor!

12 Years Ago

Ah, I almost forgot about this group and just opened it up to see this. Since it hasn't been replied to in two months, I'm hoping you wont mind the fact that I'm a girl. Besides that, I think I fit all of your other qualifications. 

I'm seventeen. I love to write as well, although I have terrible drawing skills, my best friend draws all of my pictures for my stories. I adore looking at her drawings, and I'm sure I'd love yours as well. I love fiction, especially fantasy. In fact, I rarely write anything that isn't fantasy. I write more short stories than anything else, and I've never written poetry before in my life. I enjoy a good erotica story, but honestly, who doesn't? Especially when it's gay erotica. I've tried my hand in writing it, but I don't get much out of it because I'm more of a humor writer. 

I don't have much to teach, but hopefully we could learn off of each other. I also think I'm pretty good at plotting and I'd love to hear your ideas and read your writing. What you have written, I found it so good that I'm not sure why you even think you need a mentor! Oh. And. Je parle un peu de francais. Ahh, I've taken three years. But I haven't used it in soo long.