Writing Partners : Forum : Something to start with...

[reply] [quote]

Something to start with...

15 Years Ago

Hello!

I haven't, for the longest time, written anything with another person. For the last two years or so, everything that I have written has been by me, myself and I. So, needless to say, I'm extremely interested in writing with a partner. Which, brings me to the topic of this thread: What is everyone's main interest. If you had to choose genre and style to write with a partner, what would it be?

I would really like to start feeling you guys out and getting a better understanding about each and every one of you. That way, when it comes to brainstorming and writing, we have a feel for each other and can meet on a basic level.

Looking forward to all of your replies!
~Rodney
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Personally, I love fantasy stories.  I also love to write historical and realistic fiction, but I perfer fantastical adventures.  Any partner I might have should watch out, and have a giant notepad ready because I gush ideas out like a tributary does a river.  I'm also stubborn about my suggestions, so if I have someone who is easily intimidated, I will end up dictating the story.  For my partner, I would need someone who isn't afraid to speak up if they disagree, but not someone who is so bossy that they end up trying to tell me what to do.  Otherwise, I'm willing to try anyone who comes my way, and thinks that they might be able to work with me and my chaotic self.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I don't know how I would really classify what I like to write. I am totally all over the board! As long as the story is good I can stay addicted to it for the longest time!

Even though writing is HUGE to me, I think what I enjoy writing the most is romance. Or at-least romance is included into the story. But then again, I haven't really a story with someone else other than one that included romance!

I believe another big thing that influences my writing is the music I listen to, and because that changes all the time it must be the reason I have so many stories floating around in my head!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I'd say I'm more of a mixing of genre's.  Fantasy, paranormal, romance, suspence.  I might, on occassion try my hand at writing a historical story or novel, but it's generally from the context of a mixing with paranormal when I do.  I.E. my main protaganoist being transported back into time by one method or another.  Generally speaking magical in origin.  I.E. a mischevious faerie looking for entertainment by messing with someone in the mortal realm<s>.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I prefer to write Fantasy and Sci-Fi. In They are realistic view. There is an entire universe behind the characters I'm writing about. part of it.
That's why by most of my stories you find 'Struggle for Balance' written before the actual name of the story. It indicates that they come from the same universal setting.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

hello

yes i would like a writing partner. my interest is in the mystery or drama or comedy writing. I am in the process of writing a novel (mystery). and this got me a little fraustrated. I have been writing now for about 3 years, I'm taking a writers course(on-line) from Longridgewritersgroup. BIP(BREADKING INTO PRINT). SO IF ANY ONE WOULD LIKE TO TEAM UP WITH ME PLEASE E-MAIL ME and leave a time where we could get together on a story or what ever.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Well, I like to give just about any genre a shot but I'm most comfortable with romance mixing with another genre such as fantasy.  I personally can't stand the romance stories where there is no plot and I like adventure stories and such to have some romance in them.  Trying to find that combination is hard, especially in the fantasy/ sci-fi genre so I write those kinds of stories.  Ones that I wish someone else would write so I could read.  So I guess I'm looking for a partner that can help me with that type of story. 

Also someone who can keep me focused.  I'm not scatterbrained or anything like that, but I like counter plots so much that a friend and I have been RPing on the same story for almost three years now.  It's sitting at around 3000 pages now.  Basically a partner that won't have any problems with telling me that something isn't going to work yet willing to have an open mind.

I guess that sums it up.

~Mikey