Writing Partners : Forum : How to create subtle attractio..

[reply] [quote]

How to create subtle attraction for characters... like so subtle the reader can't tell...

15 Years Ago

I need some help. How does one create the subtle attraction thing???
Help please!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

That is a tricky thing to do!

But you can do it really easily if you put in a lot of 'strange looks' and how the characters have a heightened emotion after speaking or being around that one your attracting them too.

My best advice is to watch some really corny chick flicks and really look at how the characters act. I know these movies are sometimes REALLY hard to watch but if you try it can really help! OH and if you don't think you can do it, put on the directors or actors commentary. Now that REALLY helps!

Hope I helped a little! Good luck with writing!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I've found it helpful to have an initial attraction be either from a character's perception of their character or personality.  And, as Ash said, having some strange looks pass between them.  It also helps to have an almost subtle akward silence that falls between them.  Though in a fun context, it's almost entertaining to pit two disimiliar characters into an attraction, and seeing how they work through their difference, and discover their likenesses.  It also helps to build a relationship between them if they are forced to go through some kind of trial or hardship that makes them work together.

Hope some of that helped....

Heather