YHS Writing Club : Forum : Anthology/Literary Magazine -n..

Anthology/Literary Magazine -ness

16 Years Ago

Lets gibber and gabber about our anthology (or is it a literary magazine? who knows!). If you want to be involved, let us know, if you think we're lame you can start your own thread about how lame we are for wanting to do one ;)

Obviously, Mrs. Bowles will be able to help us more with this, but I don't have anything better to do right now...

so - colour or black and white? how will we raise money? how many pages? length limitations on submissions? when do we want to put it out? how many copies?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

so - colour or black and white? how will we raise money? how many pages? length limitations on submissions? when do we want to put it out? how many copies?

Definitely needs color! I think we should plan on something like 1/3rd color, or something like that. As for ideas for the money, we'd have to sell something I guess, or stand with cups and plead, "Money for the poor?" I have no idea on the length, and I'm putting my money out on releasing it towards the end of the school year, maybe Aprilish or so. And copies... probably not a whole, whole lot. You know, money and everything.

Come on guys, let's get to going on it. By the way, I think someone *coughlizcough* should define exactly what an anthology is for the people that weren't at the meeting. 

Erk.

16 Years Ago

"So - colour or black and white? how will we raise money? how many pages? length limitations on submissions? when do we want to put it out? how many copies?"

• Color would be somewhat more attractive.
  • But..I don't know how to raise the cash. D:
  • Pages - That'd have to be said later. On a account - We don't know how many of our writings would be made in time for it.
  • Hmm. I dunno about length, submissions, put out, and copies.
  • ^-^;;;;;;;;;
  • But. If it's artwork we need?! - I volunteer!!! ;D
  • Granted the other artists don't beat me there. @~@

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

"so - colour or black and white? how will we raise money? how many pages? length limitations on submissions? when do we want to put it out? how many copies? "

Color would definitely be a good thing, but since we don't want to spend so much money, maybe just on the cover pages unless we want to put in an art section towards the end, which would defeat the purpose of a literary anthology snce it would look more like an art portfolio.

Raising the money would be a bit difficult, but I was thinking more along the lines of a bake sale? Maybe, but it could prove to be a bit difficult for some of us that don't really know how to bake.

Pages would depend on the number or entries we take from others, and since there aren't many of us, maybe we should discuss this at our next meeting. We could look at the two books that Mrs. Bowles had brought out and see if we can take some ideas from them and maybe come up with some of our own.

We should probably look at putting them out towards the end of April, maybe even towards the middle of April, since we definitely want to have them in by May. Copies would depend on who would want to buy one, I know that a lot of us would like to buy one, but if we really want to make this a big thing we need to find others that maybe would like to buy one?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

i think we should do like spotcolor... does everyone know what that is?  like parts in color, parts in black and white.

we could maybe pay for it part out of club dues or something?  i don't really know.  maybe we should see if anyone would buy it, kind of like a yearbook or something?  i'm not really sure about the money part...

Munnies?

16 Years Ago

I'd just like to point out that I think having club dues is a fantastic idea, even though that's giving money from our own poor pockets lol I also like the idea of a massive bake sale. Maybe we could be like, "NHS students help!" You know they're always dying to get their points. And besides, no one really cares about the quality of cookies at bake sales. People buy them all the time when other clubs do it, I'm sure they wouldn't be bias against us because we're geeks. Really, I think we should talk to Mrs. Warner about it and see what she thinks!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Color or black and white?

I like black and white personally. Call me old fashioned, but black and white seems more artistic and seems to have a deeper meaning than color because you can picture the color in your head. I just like black and white more so than color. Of course, I like color in my world, but - nevermind, I'm rambling. =D But if you guys guys vote on color, that's fine too. I'm passive.

Moneys?

Car washes! There's nothing more fun than wearing your swimsuit on a warm day while splashing others and washing a car at the same time!  =D Also, we can do things like CiCi's Pizza night, bake sales, service sells, prostitution, ad sells, etc.

Pages?

500,000!

I seriously thing we should discuss this in person and perhaps set some deadlines, page limitations, and things that we can agree upon.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I like the idea of a bakesale - I spend about 75% of my waking time in the kitchen anyway...the problem that the Spanish classes had when they did theirs with NHS is that they had way too much, and stuff would start to go stale. They still raised like $340 or something, but maybe we should have several bakesales/fundraisers throughout the year?

I don't like the idea of dues - it would drive people away from the club itself. I'm sure if it came down to it we could get the money when we needed it from our parental units.

Car washes are cool...but its getting cool outside too...maybe we should have benefit concert? lol.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Okay, instead of car washes. Let's offer to put up house lights, or even go caroling! =D

Thought I highly doubt people will pay us to sing, but maybe they would pay us to stop singing?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

ooooooooooooh.  i wanna go caroling!  ive never been!  can you believe it?

...ok completely off-topic hhahah

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Lawl!

This is a writing club! Not a singing club!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

It's not a baking club either, but we can still bake!

We can't exactly sell our writing skills.

I don't think people would buy short stories if we went door to door.

"Are you looking for ways to enchance your literacy? Then buy high school student snippets! Great for the entire family of every type of personality. We have tragedies, comedies, dramas, plays, poems, - a mountain of stories! Read them to your cousin, read them to your children, your brother, your sisters, or even the hobo at the corner of 26th street and Marr Avenue! You can't go wrong with reading!"

Yup, that'll go over well, fo sho. =D

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

the hobos might like literature...

hmmmm...  i think the bake sale would work the best.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I know this is really obvious - but we could just ask for donations? I'll ask my mom (she's a banker) and if it could end up as a tax write-off, people might be willing to donate to the arts and education and youth blah blah blah.