YHS Writing Club : Forum : Newspaper Writer's Corner

Newspaper Writer's Corner

14 Years Ago

All right. I was tired of having Artist Spotlight for the corner of the Insight's newspaper so I talked to Mr. Jackson about changing it every so often to feature short stories, poems, and snippets in a section of the Yukon high school's newspaper called 'Writer's Corner.'

Our next issue comes out the first week of November and I am looking for someone willing to submit at least two pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman size 12 font of a short story OR two poems.

Not only will 'Writer's Corner' have your writings, it will also have a full body shot of the author as well as a short bio that will more than likely contain why you love to write, an author's note, etc.

If you want your story/poetry/etc features, please message me your full name, grade that you are in, your chose story that must fit the requirements listed above, your willingness to pose for a picture, your sixth hour class, your phone number for me to contact you in case of problems/questions, and the reason why you love writing and when you started writing.

Thank you.

People Chosen:

Kim Drabek - November Issue

Elizabeth Rucker - January Issue

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Thats way cool Christina! I'm sure Jackson has a vendetta against me though, ehehe, though it would be sweet, ironic justice to end up in the newspaper after all...

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Don't worry.  He has one against me too... hahah

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Meh. Mr. J is sometimes rough around the edges, but I know he doesn't hate nor dislike any of his students. He may act like he does, but he honestly doesn't - especially you two since you guys rock so much.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Personally, I think Elizabeth or Kim should be in the spotlight lol even if Mr. Jackson does have a thing with them. I'm sure it would be fine, like Christina says. I really think we should take this opportunity and use it to our full advantage.

So who seconds my motion?

(granted they consent)

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

On another note, is it okay if I quote the following people in the newspaper story that I'm writing featuring writer's club?

Elizabeth Rucker
Lacy Roberts
Kim Drabek
Veronica Serrano

And for those of you that are cool with me quoting you, please let me know. Like, if you're not listed above and wish to be quoted or don't care if I make up quotes for you, please post here. =D I'd love you forever you said go for it

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

wow, you're actually asking to make up quotes for me??  that's a new one!  hahah.  go ahead.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

woo! I can't wait to be quoted! Now I can put a checkmark on my "To Do Before I Die" list.

Making up things people said is always fun. Yay journalism!

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

All right guys.

Newspaper is coming out in January since Quark is down this month so we have no tools to build a newpspaers. I say we do it the old fashioned wa y, but that would take too long. And I type faster than this thing can load, how lame is that?

Anyway, the person chosen to be featured in next Writer's COrner is Elizabeth Rucker!!!! Yay! Congrats!

Now, if yoiu could please, Elizabeth.

Submit two pages of work.

Your sixth hour.

Your name.

Your grade.

And then we get to hunt you down and get a full body shot of your bohday!

Sounds good?

Sounds good.

Stay tuned to find out who February's spotlight is gonna shine on!

Ooooohyeaaaah!