Zombified : Forum : What's so great about zombies?

What's so great about zombies?

13 Years Ago

I have had a fascination with zombies since before I even knew what they were.  One of my earliest dreams that I can remember were people, including one of my best friends, walking mindlessly down a hill and into a river like lemmings.  That spark fully ignited into bloody glory when I saw George Romero's Dawn of the Dead remake.  What draws you to zombies?  Is it the carnal rage?  The mindless wandering?  The visceral violence?

Re: What's so great about zombies?

13 Years Ago

I think i know every version of The dead Trilogy. 

12 Years Ago

I believe it's the fact that Zombies were once people you know who died and....now they're ALIVE again!!! Amazing right!? WRONG! The depressing part is that... they're not who they are anymore, they're mindless and flesh-hungry. So I guess I just like the idea/story of an apocalyptic world of zombies and how depressing it can be to kill the people who you once loved.

+

If it were me... *gets shotgun* no hesitations, sorry Dad!

11 Years Ago

The reason why I love the idea of zombies so much is not because of the visceral carnage or their zen way of living (Zen of Zombie. By Scott Kenemore), but the fact that civility, the thing that makes us human, would come to a screeching halt. Watch any George Romero film, he goes out of his way in a lot of his movies to show the degradation of humanity to the point where we're worse than the zombies themselves.

All of that, and this...