scatterbrains, unite! : Forum : Anything Goes!

Anything Goes!

13 Years Ago

let's try and keep our clothes on, eh?

so, any suggestions or anything to say about the course/group so far?

Re: Anything Goes!

13 Years Ago

I guess I should do a sort of Who-Am-I? thingie...

my name is Ian, i live in North Carolina, and am going to college for Elementary Education. i write mainly science fiction and mystery, but i dabble in poetry and horror from time-to-time. the show Lost is my religion and the Fountainhead is my bible.

13 Years Ago

Hey. I'm Scooter and I'm starting my third day as a Junior in high school come Monday. School is where my muse/inspiration/motivation seems to live and I write about three times more in a school year than I do in summer. I tend to stay in a fantasy genre but also I try to dabble in horror just cause I like it.

Uhm...I guess...that's...it? ^^; Doubtful there'd be any questions, right?
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r

13 Years Ago

I'm Mika (yeah i hate my name). I write a lot more in school, too, but I don't think i'll write as much this year as I did last year because I'm going online, so that'll definitely be different. I'm a sophmore, by the way. I write mostly about animals, varying between fantasy and adventure, and I write some horror, too. Humans in my stories are definitely not a good idea, since i suck at writing about us humanoids. 

Writing poems just sort of happened when I was bored or had no inspiration to write my books, and now i do it on accident most of the time. Randomly rhyming words usually leads into a poem, and I have tons of notebooks full of little scribbled words at the side. I bet I have 30 or more notebooks full of stories (never to be finished) and tidbits of poems & songs.

I also, as you can see, have the tendency to write too much when it comes to writing about writing (ha ha).

<333

13 Years Ago

Anne here (not my real name, just one that has been changed to protect the innocent - or keep my job).

I'm a musician, editor and all-round harpie.  I've been around and back again, joining the WritersCafe in the week before the meltdown two years ago.  I've written a fair amount of poetry - or an amount of fair poetry - something like that, as well as started several novels, none of which have been completed.

I've posted chapters of most of my incomplete novels here (although not complete in their incompleteness), if you want to have a look.  The Cult of Hahn is the furthest along at 60,000 words (6 of 14 chapters posted), The Wind Whisperer (3 of 4 chapters posted), and The Fantastical Adventures of S-69 Lost (4 of 9 chapters posted).  I'm still working on them as I feel motivated, as well as another that is top secret.

Instead of finishing my novels, I've been writing a lot of short stories, and a couple that aren't so short (Intolerance - read it, but the ending sucks - must work on that).  I'm considering publishing an anne-thology of my short stories in the near future.  I've probably got enough for two books, so I'll have to do some editing and grouping, etc, before it sees the light of day.  I might even include some of the poetry.

I've also got two sets of essays: My Seven Deadly Sins, which is complete, but I'm not entirely happy with a couple of them, and Bathing in the Hot Tub of my Mind, which is an ongoing set of stream of consciousness essays, although I haven't added much lately.

That's enough of me for now (too much, you say!) - well, I'll spare you the rest.

Anne

Oh, I should add.  Kiddies should steer clear of my writing.  (I just noticed there were teen members in this group.  I don't want to get in trouble with your parents!)

13 Years Ago

Hey. I'm Mike. I'm a freelance artist/illustrator and--apparently--a novelist. I have an art degree and know almost nothing about writing, but I've learned to fake it well. I just started writing fiction about three years ago. A friend approached me about doing a comic book, which I assumed he wanted me to draw. He said, "No...I want you to write it." "What makes you think I can write?" So what started out as an abstract idea for a comic book became a full blown novel of 81,000 words (Jack's Inferno, book one of a trilogy). One day I'll go back and draw the whole thing.   I write dark comedy. That's about it. I tend to avoid poetry, unless it rhymes and is very silly. I like silly poetry. Angsty poetry...not so much.

13 Years Ago

Hello!  The name's Jason.  I used to write a good bit.  I'm not good at it and haven't attempted any stories or novels, mostly poetry or random blogging to get things out of my brain.  Mike, you may like some of my poetry as much of it is very silly.  A few of them are very adult content, so please do not read if you're a youngster.

I currently work in Project Management for a Construction firm, but am also working on finishing a Bachelor's in Information Systems.  I'm hoping to start writing more, so I figured I'd join a site where I can get some feedback from other writers.

I will get around to returning reviews this week.  I appreciate everyone who has read my stuff and commented so far.

13 Years Ago

Adult content! Oh no! Oh, wait...I'm 33.