The Fence Chptr 4

The Fence Chptr 4

A Chapter by +MourningDove+

 

I woke up not where I wanted to be. I kept my  eyes shut and lie there on the stupid squishy pillows of my stupid dorm room bed.        

 I wanted to be lying in one of the uncomfortable chairs in the infirmary next to Michael. And unless he magically got better overnight, Michael is not the person sitting on the edge of my bed right now stroking my head. I’m gonna take a wild guess and say that it’s………..

I opened my eyes, and of course, it’s Todd! Bingo, I win, where’s my prize? I gave him a look with the most burning hatred that my face could give. I guess I did pretty good because he pulled his hand back from my head and stopped smiling. I hope I scared him, maybe it’ll teach him to keep his handsoff people. I sat up and got out of bed.

 

Someone had changed me out of my favorite army of lovers t-shirt with Michael’s blood on it, and I’m really hoping either Jasmine, Rose, or Lee-Anne changed it for me. >.< I started to walk towards the

door, when Todd asked innocently,

“Where are you going?” 

I rolled my eyes. "Where do you think?"

"I dont know"

I see. He was gonna play stupid. Well, if he was going to try and keep me here playing 20 questions, I was going to have to burn him. Burn him where it hurts. “I’m going to go see my best friend. He got beaten up pretty badly by this sick masochistic jerk.”

 I could see the hurt leak into his face, and I had to turn before I felt the need to comfort him. Just as I was taking another step towards the door, he came from a different approach.

"Dont go."

Finally I didn’t have a comeback. It sounded like the time in 4th grade, when I sat on the bus to a field trip with Michael instead of him. Or like that other time in the 6th grade, when Todd asked me to the Valentine’s Day Dance. He came to me with a little rose and everything, asking me if we could go together and I said no because I was already going with Michael as friends. And even 2 months ago, 8th grade, a few weeks before the fence came down upon us, when I couldn’t go over his house for Friday movie night, because I was going to a My Chemical Romance concert with Michael because he won 2 front row tickets over the radio for us. Todd was always pushed aside when Michael came through.

But this still didn’t explain why everyone acted afraid of Michael.

That was still weird.

It was his voice that dragged me back from deep thoughts and recognition.

“Please. Don’t go.”

I looked up. He was right there. Close. He was too close.

“Please Lynn.”

I blinked and saw Michael behind my eyelids. My eyes open and Todd was there.

“My Lynn.”

Michael, only he calls me Lynn. Michael, who is broken now.

“Lynn.”

Todd, who is bending to my height. Todd, who is too close now.

“Please.”

He’s barely breathing the words he’s saying but I can hear him loud and clear.

“Don’t go.”

Michael.

I’m running. Far away from the boy who’s not my best friend anymore. Running to what’s now my only best friend.

Running to and from the unknown.

 



© 2011 +MourningDove+


Author's Note

+MourningDove+
short, i know, the paragraphs are screwy, i know, sorry lol please review, tell me what could be better

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

TODD. GO TO HELL. NO ONE LIKES YOU. YOU BEAT UP SOMEONE, YOU FREAK. GO DIE IN A HOLE WITH NO FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND RASSILON.

Okay. Enough ranting.

GAH. POOR ANDREA. Torn between friends. I love the last few paragraphs, they're very powerful.

The format's messed up again. See to that.

GREAT JOB. READING ON~

Posted 12 Years Ago


oooooooh love this one and now i feel really really bad for todd though he should know better than too talk to her after he beat up micheal just saying but it adds an interesting aspect to the story

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 8, 2011
Last Updated on November 8, 2011


Author

+MourningDove+
+MourningDove+

Alexandria, NH



About
Why hello stranger If your reading this, you must be lost. This is just a hobby, but I like feedback, shoot me a msg. Anyways, heres a little about me: Im wear black and like solitude, earning the .. more..

Writing