Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
August 17th, 2009

August 17th, 2009

A Chapter by ~ Czarina Iris ~
"

Once again, the guys name is NOT mark. I just don't feel like having to explain myself if he happens to stumble across it.

"

    I was at MHS for a Drama meeting when I saw him. He had cut his hair since the last time we were together but that was the only noticeable difference. Mark walked over to me once the meeting had ended and wrapped me in his arms. I blushed, but didn't pull away. This was exactly what I wanted.

   He smiled down at me then took my hand, leading me away from the auditorium. We stood outside in the Quad entrance, locked in each other's eyes. I pulled myself closer to him and we danced. It was just the two of us, we didn't even notice the students leaving, the parents watching us, or even the drivers honking. It was just us, and it was complete bliss.

   The next day he sent me a message via facebook, asking if I wanted to see a movie with him. I told him yes and that I'd meet him at the theater. Then we signed off. I met up with Mark about an hour later. He looked handsome, as usual. When he saw me he smiled that beautiful smile of his and I couldn't help but smile back. For now, he was all mine.

   We bought our tickets for, what seemed to be an interesting film, however, we didn't really pay attention. We lifted the arm rest between the seats and we snuggled up together. Every now and again I'd look up at him and see Mark staring down at me intently. I'd move up and kiss him, he's kiss me back, then turn my head back to the screen. 

   I'm not really sure when, but at some point in the film we lost interest. So, hand in hand we walked out of the theater and caught a bus back to his place.

   A few months had passed and we've become an official couple. Absolutely inseparable. I love him and I knew that he loves me. That's all we need.

   I was lying in bed listening to Wicked when the phone rang. It was Mark. He told me that he needed to talk to me and asked if he could come over. I told him it was fine and that I'd see him in a bit.

   About a half hour later he was at the door.

   I ushered him in and led him downstairs to my room. We sat on my bed  in silence for what felt like an eternity. Finally, he spoke:

   "Do you remember the play I auditioned for?"

   "The one down in South Carolina?"

   "Yeah..."

   I felt something jab at my heart. You... You're in?"

   He nodded.

   "Mark, that's wonderful!" I exclaimed, fighting back the tears that threatened to stain my face.

   "Yeah... But it means I'll be away from you."

   He was right. South Carolina was very, very far away from Riverview, New Brunswick. A city between us is one things, a country between us was certainly another.

   I wrapped my arms around him and held him tightly. "I know, but it's such a wonderful opportunity for you." I told him.

   He gently lifted my face a wiped a tear away.

   "When do you leave?" I asked, my voice threatening to break.

   "Next week."

   I kissed his cheek. "We have all week to say goodbye." I told him. "And when you come back, if you like, we can pick things back up right where we left off. It doesn't have to end here."

   He smiled at me. "Thank you, Czarina."

   He brought my face to his and kissed me.

   Then I woke up.



© 2009 ~ Czarina Iris ~


Author's Note

~ Czarina Iris ~
NOOOO!!!!!!! KICK IN THE FACE!!!!!!!!! GAH!!!! I wanted to see where this would go T.T

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awww...This is yet another sweet one. Nice job, putting this into words :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
1 Review
Added on September 19, 2009


Author

~ Czarina Iris ~
~ Czarina Iris ~

Where the sea meets the sky, Canada



About
"Let me not to the marriage of true minds Admit impediments, love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove: O no! it is an ever-fixèd mark Tha.. more..

Writing