March 14, 2010

March 14, 2010

A Chapter by ~ Czarina Iris ~
"

I should have added this I don't know how long ago. I think this was the day I had the dream. Remember that none of the characters' names are they're actualy names.

"

  "So, did you hear about Mark?" My roommate LuAnne asked as she stepped into the dorm.

  "What do you mean?" I asked as I pulled my gaze away from my text books. "I've hardly had time to talk to him since coming to University."

  "He's dating Kathryn."

  "What?" I asked, a tone of desperation and confusion seeping into my voice. "H- he can't be. We... We were going to..."

  She sat down beside me and put a hand on my shoulder. "Look, Spring break starts tomorrow. Why don't you head back home and see him."

  I nodded, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I had already lost him... Forever...

~The Next Day~

  I jumped out of my car and ran up to Mark's house. I knocked quickly on the door. "Mark?" I called. "Are you home?"

  Soon enough, his beautiful face met me at the door. I wraped my arms around him in a tight embrace. He returned it, someone hesitantly. "I missed you," I told him in a soft voice as I reached up to kiss him.

  "No, Czarina, I can't."

  I looked up at him, right in the eye and asked "why?"

  "I'm going out with Kat now... I'm sorry..."

  "Mark, who's out there?" Came a soft female voice. The owner soon made herself seen. She was a beautiful young woman, though she was four years older than us. Her curly brown hair fell at her shoulders. She wore a beautiful red cocktail dress. "Oh! Czarina, I haven't seen you in ages! How's school going?"

  "It's fine," I said fighting back the tears that threatned to start spilling down my cheeks. I watched, distraught, as she wrapped her arms around him, kissed him right in front of me. My heart starting to twist in agony. "It was great to see you again, Mark. I- I'm gonna go."

  "Czarina!" He called as he followed me out to my car, closing the door behind him. "I'm sorry... I- I didn't know how to tell you."

  "We hadn't even broken up. You said that you'd wait for me to finish school. I can't believe you lied to me..."

  He was silent for a while. "I know, and I'm sorry. I was lonely and Kat had come back for a visit. I guess things took off before I could tell you."

  "You know what, I don't care. Go. Have fun with your new girlfriend. I'm going home."

  I jumped into my car and drove away, I didn't make it too far though. I ended up having to pull over after driving for five minutes and started crying.

~Three Days Later~

  "Czarina! Over here!"

  I turned my gaze from my book (I was reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman for what must have been the millionth time) and saw Kat running toward me, Mark following along behind. "Hey," I called back, trying to hide the sadness that overwhelmed me at the sight of them together. "What's going on?"

  "Come on over. Mark's Mother heard you were in town and she wants to see you."

  I don't know how, but I ended up giving in and, soon enough, I found myself at Mark's house.

  After what felt like an eternity it was time for me to head home. Unfortunately, I didn't have my car. "Ooh! Sleepover!" Cried Kat. "I'll go get some blankets and pillows. We can set up in the basement in front of the TV." I watched as she skipped down the hall and turned towards the storage closet.

  ~Midnight~

  I woke to a shatter, then footsteps above me. "Mark," I hissed. "Mark, wake up!"

  "Huh? What?" He muttere sleepily. "What's going on?"

  "There's someone in the house." I whipered urgently. "There's someone upstairs."

  We lay in silence for a few moments before I heard it again, the unmistakable sound of footsteps upstairs. "What do we do?" I asked, fear starting to seep into veins.

  He rose to his feet and, after checking on Kat, grabbed his late father's gun and headed upstairs.

  "Kat," I started as I jumped quietly to my feet. "Get up, there's someone in the house." Once she started to stir, I tured my back on her and followed Mark upstairs. Before I made it to the top I heard a crash, a thud, then a groan. Terrified, I ran up the rest of the stairs and into the living room in time to see Mark rise to his feet and a man in black run towards the large window on the far side of the room. "Mark!" I cried before I could think.

  The man looked over at me, then opened the window and jumped. I grabbed the phone from the table and dialed 911. I gave the woman on the other end the address then hung up.

  "Mark," I almost whispered as I ran to his side. "Are you alright?"

  He wrapped his arms tightly around me. "Yeah, I'm fine, but what about you?"

  I looked up at him, his eyes were full of genuin concern, something I hadn't seen since I left for school. "I'm fine," I replied.

  Gently, he brought his hand up to my face and brought it to his. He kissed me tenderly, passionately, like he never had before. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him, never wanting to let go.

  We pulled away to see Kat looking at us from the top of the stairs. Mark turned to her, "Kat, I-"

  "It's okay, Mark. I always knew that this would happen. I just didn't realize that it would be this soon." She approached us, a  broad smile across her face. "It's okay, really."

  I turned back to Mark, smiling up at him. "I love you, Mark."

  "I love you too."

  He kissed me again, more passionately than ever. Sirens could be heard in the distance, but I didn't care. All that mattered was the taste of his lips, the warmth of his body against mine.

Then I woke up...



© 2010 ~ Czarina Iris ~


Author's Note

~ Czarina Iris ~
I'm so confused as to the meaning of my dreams these days. What do you think it means?
I'm sorry about the spelling mistakes, I typed it up while watching My Name Is Earl and Futurama.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
Added on May 7, 2010
Last Updated on May 7, 2010


Author

~ Czarina Iris ~
~ Czarina Iris ~

Where the sea meets the sky, Canada



About
"Let me not to the marriage of true minds Admit impediments, love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove: O no! it is an ever-fixèd mark Tha.. more..

Writing