July 6th, 2011

July 6th, 2011

A Chapter by ~ Czarina Iris ~

  I woke slowly to an inky blackness disintegrating all around me, slowly being replaced by the vibrant colours of my bedroom. The light emanating from my window filled every corner of the room, meeting my eyes and shocking me into a conscious state.
  I stared down at the blankets that covered my body and jumped. All over the usually brightly coloured puff were black, fish like bugs. As one passed by my face I noticed that its scaly exterior was shiny and appeared damp, its tiny legs hardly the size of a single hair. I watched them with an odd sense of wonder as they crawled over my bed and the preceded to jump to the floor below. My gaze followed them and I watched curiously as they landed in a small pool of water beside the base of my bed.
  The insects started squirming, one became two, two became four, soon the entire pool was filled with growing and an increasing number of black creatures. I rose from my bed and stared in wonder as they grew before my eyes. They're buggy eyes grew small and beady, their legs joined together forming two black scary legs. The scales that coated their bodies grew out and became long feathers, greasy and shiny from the water and light. Their mouths elongated and pointed at the tip.
  I watched, mesmerized, as they took to the air, filling the room with a blackness that dissolved the light and colour of the room around me. They cried and shrieked, the sound piercing my ears and causing my blood to freeze in my veins. The hellish demons encircled me, trapping me within a wall of black feathers and beaks. Knowing all was lost, I succumbed to them and sank into oblivion.


© 2011 ~ Czarina Iris ~


Author's Note

~ Czarina Iris ~
I don't know what to make of this. I had this dream and then the next day I learn that the daughter of my mom's colleague, Joanne MacKenzie who had been kidnapped, was murdered by her ex-boyfriend. I may be reading too deeply into this, I mean, I had known she was missing since I got home Sunday I guess I hoped that the outcome would be better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
Added on July 7, 2011
Last Updated on July 7, 2011


Author

~ Czarina Iris ~
~ Czarina Iris ~

Where the sea meets the sky, Canada



About
"Let me not to the marriage of true minds Admit impediments, love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove: O no! it is an ever-fixèd mark Tha.. more..

Writing