Is it love?

Is it love?

A Poem by SF
"

Can love truly last?

"
Is it love when there is no sympathy left?  No compassion to give?  No favors to offer?
Is it love when you take away all the happiness left to exist and replace it with animosity left to eat away at the ones still standing?
Is it love when you push away the ones that care most, even when in the back of your mind you can still hear them cheering you on from a far?
Is it love when the only point of view you can see is the one staring back at you through the reflection of your own bathroom mirror?
Is it love when the concept of give and take has become the playwright of a horror movie starring a vampire and its victim?
Is it love when the one who used to be there first has forgotten to show up last, time and time again?
Is it love when the sparks have burned out and there is no fire left ignite?
Is it love when a team in tandem is being played with one member left benched on the sidelines?
Is is love when you lose sight of who you are at the expense of another's perfect vision?
Is love withstanding?  Or more importantly, can love withstand?

© 2017 SF


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Those hardest to love are often ourselves.
A good honest and brave write.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
1 Review
Added on December 22, 2017
Last Updated on December 22, 2017

Author

SF
SF

Writing
Tick Tock Tick Tock

A Poem by SF