The Masked Dancer

The Masked Dancer

A Story by CC
"

A woman kills globablly sought after criminals involved in the sex and drug trafficking industries. She poses as a private dancer, always remaining anonymous by wearing masks.

"

Lace, feathers, and the sweet smell of cigars surrounded her. She wore an icy blue Mardi Gras mask made entirely out of lace. It covered everything from her nose up, except for her sparkling green eyes. Boxes and boxes of Cuban cigars were stacked on tables in the large windowed room with her. She was kept in a box herself, constructed to present her like an animal; caged. She danced in a black costume designed to leave nothing to the imagination. The silky feathers fanned across her breasts, tied to her with diamond studded straps. A short skirt fit tightly over her thighs, fringing at the end with more diamond studded strings. With every movement, every twist and shimmy of her body, the fringes sparkled as brightly as her eyes. She kept her gaze locked on the man behind the glass just as he kept his locked on her. As she pressed her body against the glass, she seductively motioned him forward with her elegant fingers. He rose up from his chair with a smile, pushed back his oily chocolate brown curls, and stood directly in line with her body. Only a thin wall of glass separated them. She motioned again with her long fingers for him to move even closer. He inched closer to the beautiful dancer that moved so gracefully in front of him. “She is an excellent gift”, he thought to himself as he studied her. He reached his hand out as if to touch her exotic and mysterious face. The side of her mouth curved up into a smirk as her eyes twinkled at him. “He is going to be an easy kill”, she thought to herself. Suddenly, she pushed against the glass wall and it slid open, a secret door. They were now no longer separated, giving him at last an opportunity to touch his prize. She allowed him to run his rough hands down her back and then eased him into his chair. Just as he began to slide the mask off her face, she slipped her hand behind her back to grab a small blade. Before he had the chance to stop her, she made one quick motion and sliced his throat. In a matter of seconds the life from his eyes drained out and she raised herself off his lap. She had no time to wipe the blood from her face, letting it ease down the milky white skin of her stomach. “One less man equals one more woman”, she whispered out loud as she pushed against the main entrance door. She ran through the halls, stopping at every corner, until she reached another large door. She stepped out into the alley and ran for the opening that led to the street, her skirt fringes gleaming in the moonlight. “Thank God its Halloween”, she immediately said out loud as she stepped into the parade. A glazy eyed Mad Hatter gave her a once over and thumbs up, almost as if on cue.

© 2010 CC


Author's Note

CC
This is just the intro, it's all that I have so far. Any advice, comments, and edits would be appreciated before I add more. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a wonderful piece, some constructive criticism for you: I'd cut out the "she immediately thought to herself as she stepped into the parade. “People will probably just assume this is my costume”, she said to herself "
it is unneeded and may be more effective if she said it aloud to herself.
Otherwise I loved it and think it could even be a fine piece by itself. Have you considered a halloween competition? :) xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What a wonderful piece, some constructive criticism for you: I'd cut out the "she immediately thought to herself as she stepped into the parade. “People will probably just assume this is my costume”, she said to herself "
it is unneeded and may be more effective if she said it aloud to herself.
Otherwise I loved it and think it could even be a fine piece by itself. Have you considered a halloween competition? :) xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
1 Review
Added on October 30, 2010
Last Updated on October 31, 2010

Author

CC
CC

OR



About
My love of reading progressed into a love of writing at a very young age, about 7. I'm just a "word person", I suck with numbers. Chao! more..

Writing
Un-finish-able Un-finish-able

A Story by CC


Scar Scar

A Poem by CC


Dreamland Dreamland

A Poem by CC