How to pour Concrete

How to pour Concrete

A Story by jennifer
"

the steps into pouring concrete

"
How to pour Concrete
The materials you would need for pouring concrete would be bull float, hand floats, edger, forms, and you would need rubber boots, and the concrete formula (lwd/27).  You would also need to have gravel, sand, and water.
The first step into pouring concrete is to figure out how yards' you need to pour, you figure this by using the concrete formula. when you have inches you would change them into a decimal for the depth. if you had 4 inches it be .33 in a decimal, 6 inches would be .50 in inches, 8 inches would be .67 in a decimal.
the second step into pouring concrete is to set the forms for the place you are going to pour the concrete. then if you don't mix up the concrete by yourself, then you would need to call the concrete mixing truck to come out the day that you are pouring the concrete. then you have people to wheel burrow it in and dump the concrete where you are pouring the concrete.
the third step into pouring concrete is to have three or four people with hand floats to be smoothing and leveling out the concrete. then you would have somebody to use the bull float and smooth and get all the lines out of the concrete. then you would wait and let the concrete set for like one or two hours.
the foruth step into pouring concrete is to have two people to get on the concrete with two pieces of plywood and smooth it out and when you do this step you have to be really careful because the concrete will be slippery and you could slip on the plywood and you might fall into the concrete.
well these are the materials and instructions on how to pour concrete when you need some poured and you could do it all by yourself if you just follow the instructions above, but i would recommend to have a few helpers along the way with you.

© 2011 jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jim
A good job of explaining the process. This may sound like an odd suggestion, but what about arranging it into lines and making it into a non-rhyming poem? I like poems that describe a process.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this story. I like a woman who can understand the skill of pouring cement and can teach someone else how to do it. Great description. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

526 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 20, 2010
Last Updated on February 17, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

jennifer
jennifer

west liberty, KY



About
my name is jennifer rose cottle i love 2 sit down and write anything when i feel the mood more..

Writing
LOVE LOVE

A Poem by jennifer


Summer Fun Summer Fun

A Poem by jennifer



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


autumn autumn

A Poem by jennifer