Preface

Preface

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E
"

This was recently added to the already finished novel, as I had never gave a proper description of the world in which the story takes place. This is really needed for the set up of the possible series

"
Rakuminan is one of 37 countries left in the territory of Firisha. It was stated several decades ago that the large land would be split between the 50 most worthy families of the time. Then these families would slowly merge into one. It was a way to avoid violence and wars, as the only way to merge the lands was by winning of the heart of the ruler of a land next to you, which limited your chances and thus of course even after various decades only a handful of lands had ever expanded.
Many of these expansions were not made on the value of love, but mostly due to the two uniting in an agreement for more power and wealth. Each land is ruled very different and thus there is a lot of tension. Rakuminan is one of the more prosperous countries. It's citizens were free to choose their jobs, gain their wealth and spend their money however they wished. They were protected from evil by the kingdoms hand picked cops, but things have drastically began to change.
After the creation of the clan known as X the citizens live in fear. The clan not only would kill for fun or to steal, but they also would break into the most highly guarded prisons just to free those who were held captive there. The worst came when the clan made the royal family it's target and killed several of the close family. Then eventually the king himself was assassinated leaving the queen to take care of the ruling alone.


© 2014 Ashley.M.E


Author's Note

Ashley.M.E
I am not that great at doing prefaces, nor explaining what may be valuable to the over all plot. If you find anything confusing or would like me to add more detail into the life styles please explain, thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

If this is very important for the set up of the world that the subsequent story takes place in, then you may want to flesh this preface out even more. All that I see now is pretty basic background information, so I assume that you have more which you haven't added yet here. Do your characters have some weird powers? Do they live in a world with different laws of physics from our own? Do they have pre-existing relationships with other characters? These are all things that could be adumbrated here in your preface.

Alternatively, if you haven't got much else information you need to tell readers before the story actually begins, then maybe this preface isn't necessary at all. As I stated before, the information here now is quite basic, so you could just sprinkle it throughout your story and reveal the background info indirectly.

If that's too much editing for you or you want to stick with the preface thing, that could work too, but I'd suggest giving it a little bit more of a voice. In other words, who is narrating this preface for the reader? It could be some elder resident of one of these kingdoms, a historian within the world, or maybe just an unknown manuscript laying around - there are all sorts of ways to weave it into the story some more. What you have written now is ok, but it ends rather too abruptly I think, and you should choose a different, less informal word than 'cops' in the second paragraph.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ashley.M.E

9 Years Ago

I understand what you are trying to say, all the questions you have asked do get answered through th.. read more
I liked how this felt more like a dairy than a tale, the truth in the words would serve for someone seeing everything first hand and I felt it was that more true.


Please send me more.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ashley.M.E

9 Years Ago

That was actually what I was going for. I added this later on, as I didn't really explain much throu.. read more
Great preface and seem like you have one interesting tale to share, all the best my friend

Posted 9 Years Ago


nicely written! I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 26, 2014
Last Updated on May 26, 2014
Tags: queen, king, countries, death, assassination, clan


Author

Ashley.M.E
Ashley.M.E

OH



Writing
A shell A shell

A Poem by Ashley.M.E


Page One Page One

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E


Page Two Page Two

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E