Statue of time

Statue of time

A Story by Ashley.M.E

The every passing of time compared to a clock that ticks and ticks and proves that you are one second, just one second closer to death. Time should be a statue, because it moves with the earth, rotating slowly, slowly rusting, but keeping its form until another being comes in its path. Mysterious, we are beings that seem to think we change, but we don’t. Our goal as the statue is to stay whole keep our feelt planted, but that won’t happen, an earth quick will move us, crack us, break us and in the end we are nothing but pieces that will turn to sand, we seem to think that the world cares about us. It doesn’t, it won’t, and it never well, we are just another thing to stare at, to take up room. We slowly age and as we do, we are just slowly over looked for the newer pieces of art that come in.

 

Break the watches and let it fly, because we are not moving in time, time is moving us, and we just want to stand still. So be it this, why everyone cannot just let my bolts stay firmly on the ground and allow the rust to collect peacefully, why add scratches. 

© 2012 Ashley.M.E


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

great piece. love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


From the opening statement you came out strong . Each statement create thoughts and questions.
"Our goal as the statue is to stay whole keep our feet planted,"
Life give us opportunities to laugh, to have some fun and a wise person allow the bad things to be forgotten. I like the strong ending to the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 23, 2012
Last Updated on March 23, 2012

Author

Ashley.M.E
Ashley.M.E

OH



Writing
A shell A shell

A Poem by Ashley.M.E


Page One Page One

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E


Page Two Page Two

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..