The call

The call

A Story by 12.09am
"

“It’s over”

"

“It’s over”. The sound of constant monotone beeping echoes in my ears, twisting its way through the canals, dancing like ballerinas with heavy feet and baby blue tutus, all the way along. Their heavy feet make my head throb in sequence to the ache of my heart as if they are in sync dancing to the same song.

 

The beep’s channel emotions I never knew I could feel, the ballerina’s danced ever so heavily all throughout my body, with poorly performed pirouettes and inconsistent steps. Starting from my ears, they travelled in un-organized lines along the bones of my body, making them feel heavy and weak. Their pointy pearl shoes so innocently failed to tip toe by, alarming all my senses.

 

They played games of hide and seek in the drawers of my mind, bringing up memories I wished to forget. They peeped in the drawer called “ him”, playfully tearing out every item of clothing they could find. They played dress up’s, dancing around in “him”, as much as I begged for them to take it off and put it away they giggled and dug deeper into the drawer. They soon tired and continued on their way, still refusing to take the clothes off, scattering pieces of  “him” all throughout my body.

 

I could feel them knotting up my stomach with their long silver silk ribbons that they spun through the air carelessly. They twisted and turned without instruction, sewing my stomach with their needles and thread like a sewing machine on maximum speed. I felt the walls of my stomach cave in, like some type of gravitational pull tearing the stars from the sky. The ballerina’s continued their way upward, leaving behind the presence of crying butterflies in my tightly compact stomach.

 

Making their way to my rib cage they twirled for days, pacing along my bones like a never-ending path, wearing scratches into my bones with their hard pointy shoes. Bouncing joyfully in my lungs they had me grasping for air as their ribbons got caught twisted amongst them. Their tutu’s scraped at the sides, making me cough and splutter desperately for oxygen to soothe them.

 

They continued bouncing off the walls in my throat, I could feel them swelling up there, out of breath and out of sync. Their heavy footed tip toes turned into a fast run, all moving in an upward direction too quickly to give a specific location. Before I knew it they started pirouetting out of the tear ducts in my eyes, clumsily falling to the bathroom floor. Not only had they flooded my thoughts, organs and eyes, but the whole room. Their Baby blue tu tu’s, silver satin ribbons and pointy pearl ballet shoes could be seen falling to the floor with heavy thuds as they fell from my eyes.

 

I could still feel them frolicking inside me, right down to my finger tips, making my frail hands tremor uncontrollably as they made earth quakes strike throughout me with their heavy feet.

 

But nothing could compare to the way they ferociously danced about my heart. Oh how they danced, so quickly, twisting and turning in circles so fast it burned. Scratching at the sides of my heart with their rough edged tu-tus and stabbing it continuously with their pointy pearl shoes, making it ache an unbearable pain.

 

Unbearable. Nothing could kill the pain, no heavy dose of paracetamol, no long nights sleep. It’s haunting, I feel their presence when I’m awake, and in my dreams, more like nightmares.

 

They had me gasping for air to reach my lungs and tearing at my chest begging for them to stop, but they giggled and continued dancing ever so heavily. They danced in fairy like circles chanting the echoing beeps of the ended phone call; they danced in circles so fast my heart was going to burst. My heart wasn’t the only thing going to burst.

 

They continued to pirouette from my eyes by the second, but there was no change in the state of my body. I thought that they would eventually all wash out of my system, but despite the amount of ballerina’s that danced from my eyes, the pain remained. Sharp, heavy and constant.

 

I felt weak at my knees as they turned my legs to jelly by wearing out their structure. I collapsed to the tiles, crushing some of their baby blue tutu’ s beneath me, however more appeared, falling clumsily into my lap, floating from my eyes on streams of silver ribbon.

 

A pool of blue tutu’s began to form in my lap, swirling in circles like ripples in water, with flickers of silver ribbon they reminded me of the sea. I could still hear the echoing beeps, like sirens calling me to the ocean.

 

I couldn’t drown out the sound; I couldn’t flood out them out. I was feeling emptier by the second, despite the ache of the ballerina’s presence. One day I know they will stop clumsily falling from my eyes, maybe even tip toe a bit softer along my bones, they may eventually tire of opening “him” in my mind, get bored of playing in the same memories, but they will forever dance ferociously about my heart.

 

-

 

Something tells me that there’s ballerina’s out there, within special people, who wear soft pink tu tu’s and dance so gracefully that they soothe the soul. They are truly talented, lightly walking about the structures of their home leaving behind the sweet scent of freshly picked strawberries wherever they go.

 

I hear that if you come across a special person who is filled with goodness, these ballerinas will grow inside you, mending your wounds, stitching them up with their soft silk ribbons. Working magic in your mind, twirling and turning ever so softly it feels like a relaxing head massage.

 

I hear the greatest ballerinas of all perform in the center of the heart, filling you entirely with warmth and joy. They dance in sync and rhythm to the soothing melody of the beats, elegant, postured and perfect.

 

I hope to find them one day, hopefully they can teach my ballerinas a lesson or two, but for now the echoing call remains, the ache of you leaving is still there, nothing will kill it right now, but one day i'll find the soft footed, elegant and composed pink tu " tued dancers and they will set me straight,

 

I hope.

 

 

© 2016 12.09am


Author's Note

12.09am
Get lost within the world of magic realism. For those of you who are unsure as to what that is exactly, its giving realistic situations a sense of magic :) Please feel free to give me any feedback!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Just wonderful writing. It's almost as if I can hear your voice narrating it to me. Love your use of imagery, and story line. Emotional roller-coaster of a read. The 'whispering' within you writing, it's about the only way I can describe it.......... is just beautiful.

blessings

EL

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

12.09am

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to read it ! glad you enjoyed :)
12.09am

7 Years Ago

Hey EL, I have recently added a new peice called games! I'd really love your thoughts and opinion on.. read more



Reviews

Alarming my senses...another intriguing train of thought...very mystical..made me envision
Ballerinas..how interesting..I loved it..
Debbie

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is a very creative and unique way to describe loss. I had to read the first paragraph a few times to make sense of it, but otherwise, I understood the character's emotions almost completely. I can't wait to read more from you :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lovely metaphor to resemble the tragic loss of first love. No other cuts so deep, for we are never again so open. New love, with the one we are meant to be with does set us straight, although the scars remain as a reminder to be kind in our dealings with the hearts of others. You express well, the meltdown that follows us through life and mocks our naivete. Such internal shattering is the tilling of the soil, so to speak, wherein the seeds of wisdom sprout. This story rises to heal and share hope to all the shattered hearts. May yours refill, multiplied by the healings in the hearts of readers.

Posted 7 Years Ago


A powerful and wonderful story told. I liked the journey and the final thoughts. You create interesting places and I liked how you used the dancers. I like the tone and the wish at the end. Thank you for sharing the amazing story.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Wow! This is amazing! The image of the fairies in their tu-tu's and pointy shoes is unique and well-developed throughout. I love how you weave this idea into every piece of the story, especially in the parts about dressing up like "him." The pink fairies are an intriguing twist on this idea that gives a somewhat hopeful, lighter tone to the end of the piece. I also like the mentioning of the "beeps" of the telephone interspersed throughout. I think it all comes together beautifully in this paragraph:

A pool of blue tutu’s began to form in my lap, swirling in circles like ripples in water, with flickers of silver ribbon they reminded me of the sea. I could still hear the echoing beeps, like sirens calling me to the ocean.

Overall, I am very impressed by this. Great work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


12.09am

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the feedback and thoughts ! really glad you enjoyed it :)
12.09am

7 Years Ago

Hey Alicia, I have recently added a new peice called games! I'd really love your thoughts and opinio.. read more
AliciaB

7 Years Ago

Sure thing - I'll get right to it!
The descriptive nature and imagery of this piece is downright beautiful! What a lovely metaphor, i thoroughly enjoyed this :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


12.09am

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading ! glad you enjoyed it :)
12.09am

7 Years Ago

Hey Heather, I have recently added a new peice called games! I'd really love your thoughts and opini.. read more
This is beautiful. The emotions were so laid out and I could feel them myself. The more I read the more I felt what you wrote. You have an amazing voice in your writing. One of the best metaphors I've ever seen.

Posted 7 Years Ago


12.09am

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to give it a read and for the feedback, really glad you enjoye.. read more
12.09am

7 Years Ago

Hey Quinn, I have recently added a new peice called games! I'd really love your thoughts and opinion.. read more
Quinn W

7 Years Ago

Sure thing! Love reading your writing!
Just wonderful writing. It's almost as if I can hear your voice narrating it to me. Love your use of imagery, and story line. Emotional roller-coaster of a read. The 'whispering' within you writing, it's about the only way I can describe it.......... is just beautiful.

blessings

EL

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

12.09am

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to read it ! glad you enjoyed :)
12.09am

7 Years Ago

Hey EL, I have recently added a new peice called games! I'd really love your thoughts and opinion on.. read more
are you serious?? this is incredibly amazing! i mean the way you've portrayed all the emotions, wonderful!
i loved it!
i think you should continue this story (if you want)....
excellent job!
keep writing :D

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

12.09am

7 Years Ago

thank you so much, means the world!! really appreciate the feedback
12.09am

7 Years Ago

Hey Shadowine, I have recently added a new peice called games! I'd really love your thoughts and opi.. read more
I'm stunned. I swear I couldn't take my eyes off those lines!! The emotions were portrayed so beautifully! Hats off!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


12.09am

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much !! really really glad you enjoyed it! I wrote this piece for an extension english .. read more
Darknessmymuse.

7 Years Ago

You're welcome :)
12.09am

7 Years Ago

Hey Taarunya, I have recently added a new peice called games! I'd really love your thoughts and opin.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

503 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2016
Last Updated on June 27, 2016

Author

12.09am
12.09am

Sydney, Australia



About
16 more..

Writing
10 Seconds 10 Seconds

A Story by 12.09am


Pathway's Pathway's

A Poem by 12.09am



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..